Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AddOn w/DataGrid Expander displays "System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock" in headder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AddOn w/DataGrid Expander displays "System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock" in headder

I’m trying to put a grouped DataGrid with an Expander into an NT8 AddOn. I started with a standalone WPF app that works fine. When run the stand alone WPF App it shows grouping with controls as shown in the image attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	wpf datagrid with expander.png
Views:	878
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1049144

When I put this into an NTTabPage it runs but the header displays System.Windows.Controls.TextBlock next to each expander icon control. I have not been able to get rid of that. The exact same code from the stand alone WPF app is used in the NTTabPage, except for the fact that instead of a wpf window, the control is derived from NTTabPage.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	wpf datagrid with expander in NTAddOn.png
Views:	684
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1049145

I attached both VS 2017 projects so you can see the results yourself.
    why is this happening?
    [ATTACH]n1049146[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]n1049147[/ATTACH]

Hello Brillo,

Thanks for your post.

I'm writing to know we have received your inquiry and will follow up after we have been able to fully review.

As our office is approaching closing hours for the week, we will likely have a response ready next week.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your patience Brillo.

This topic will reach beyond the kind of support that we may offer on the forums. Using a DataGrid may have its own styling which we may not be able to investigate and customize since NinjaTrader uses Infragistics grids (NTGrid.) We also do not have any documentation or examples for interfacing with an NTGrid/Infragistics grid, but you may find the thread below useful for researching this further.

NTGrid thread - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...a/85040-ntgrid

I'll leave this thread open for any community members that could share their experiences in using and stylizing a DataGrid in an AddOn or if anyone would like to share their experiences using an NTGrid.

Comment

Hi Jim,
        If the forums and support have not seen this behavior before then shouldn't it be logged as a possible bug and reported to development? I would not expect that a .net process that uses Infragistics should have issues with Microsoft framework supplied controls such as DataGrid. In other words, Infragistics ought to support using their controls in a program along side the Microsoft controls without any issues. If that's not the case... if in fact the Infragistics controls interfere with the Microsoft controls then it should be reported to them as I'm sure they would investigate it. Otherwise the problem then is with something in NT and it should be investigated by NT development. Would you mind reporting this problem to development? In the mean time I will look for an alternative presentation to get my particular AddOn working.
        Thank you,
        Tim

Comment

Hello Brillo,

While this is topic may not have been brought up previously, the matter surrounds stylizing the WPF object. We do not have a clear case of a bug that we can report to development.

Looking at the test example attached, the issue is not present. There would have to be some additional matter with styling the DataGrid so it is displayed to your liking.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post tkaboris  
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          16 responses