Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Question Regarding News Subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Regarding News Subscription

According to the below link

Kinetic can provide Realtime News ( without subscription ?) where as Interactive Broker does not provide realtime news.

I have Interactive Broker as my Broker and Market Data Provider (Realtime and Historical), all the AddOn Events are working fine with it ( i.e OnAccountStatusUpdate, OnExecution, OnOrderUpdate .... and so on)

To get Realtime News I added Kinetic as another Connection and used following code in the OnWindowsCreated Method of AddonBase.

NewsSubscription subscription = new NewsSubscription()
    subscription.Update += OnNews()

I don't see OnNews getting called still . Is there anything else I need to do ?

Hello vivekniwas,

Thank you for your post.

I am not having trouble with subscribing to the NewSubsciption in the OnWindowsCreated() method and using a live Kinetick connection. Can you attach the full file you are testing this with?

​​​​​​You can export your NinjaScript objects by going to Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add On > Add > select your objects > OK > Export > name the file 'NTsupport' > Save.

The file will be located under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript. Please attach the file to your response.

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello vivekniwas,

We have not received a response on this matter.

If you would prefer you can send your file to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'ATTN: Patrick H - 2095764' in the subject line.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

So that seems to be the issue.. I am trying to get realtime news subscription with Kinetick End Of Day (Free) Connection, I misread the documentation and assumed that realtime news will be available with Kinetick End Of Day (Free) along with EOD Prices upto previous day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post adeelshahzad