Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

user data dir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

user data dir

Hello i am using the NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir component in building the path for a file i use in my program / dll
    When another user installs the dll and runs it and their installation is not in english ie spanish it causes issue as the documents folder is not called documents its documentos
    When they are running the 3rd party indicator does it resolve at runtime the NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir
    The other approach was using the Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolde r.MyDocuments also did not work hence i tried the Ninjatrader.Core solution
    Any pointers on this.
    Could a local environment variable they use be causing conflicts?
    I would have expected using the NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir to correctly resolve to their windows 10 documents installation path for Ninjatrader 8 ?
    thanks

Hello explorer101,

I would also have your expectation here in regard to what this property resolves, however, this item is not specifically documented so I would like to research this further. The intelleprompt hint in the NS explorer says this should point to the user's documents folder so we can start with that assumption.

On the affected PC, have you tried a test script that only uses a Print with NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir to confirm the path is not correct?

For example

Code:
    Print(NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir);
    Could you provide the output of this print along with copy/pasting the path from windows explorer for the same directory? For example, it should be similar to:
    C:\Users\Username\Documents\NinjaTrader 8
    C:\Users\Username\Documents\NinjaTrader 8
    Or in this users case, we should likely see two different paths if this is not working as we expect.

Are there any other items you can note about the users configuration such as the specific language settings they used in windows or if they have a custom configuration/path for their documents directory?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello explorer101,

We have received your inquiry to our support email, we will continue further by email. I will close this thread.

Comment

I'd like NT8 designed so that you can specify a folder-path and/or folder-name rather than using the default.

Comment

Hello wildwex,

I have put in a feature request for this, you can track this using the id: SFT-3980
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 05-09-2019, 02:13 PM. Reason: Update feature tracking id

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses