Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer dots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer dots

What do the dots mean in a Market Analyzer column?

Sometimes I have them for a long time and don't seem to update, but other symbols running my same custom columns might have values displayed. If I refresh then I can get them all to display.

I assume it is data loading but specifically what should I be looking at to try to figure out how I can improve my calculations, because actually my calculations for the column don't rely on any series / bars

I discovered IsDataSeriesRequired , I think it should eliminate this problem

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,
      Thanks for your post.

That is correct. The dots are simply letting you know that data is loading.

Please let me know if anything else comes up.
      Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

have you ever come across a situation where the data never loads? often never loads? even though the charts load

Comment

NinjaCustomer,

Yes I have. It would typically depend on the data provider or even the programming of the custom column.

Comment

my columns are now running on IsDataSeriesRequired = false

I also moved the update code from OnMarketData() to a 25ms system timer.

However, it doesn't really seem to be updating any faster than with OnMarketData()

Is there some kind of command I can call to force a refresh of the column or the market analyzer window?

there's a decent chance the lag is not related to this, however, I would like to try it anyhow.

Comment

NinjaCustomer,

If you send me the Columns code or post a sample here I can test on my end, but there is no method that will force a refresh on the Market Analyzer. It will update any time there is a new MarketData event, which is quite often.

Comment

the code is pretty simple, it just does what is described above.. it is just to set the value of the column from a static variable of another class. So the problem is either the refresh or how often I update the static variable (which is in another piece of code in the NinjaTrader Custom project.

So, if I understand correctly.. using a timer would give no benefit over putting my code directly within OnMarketData - because there's no way the MarketAnalzyer would ever refresh any faster than that, correct?

Comment

NinjaCustomer,

I do not believe a timer would be the answer to this item. Just to make sure you are not having some other sort of performance issue-- Do you have any errors on the logs tab of your Control Center? What version of NT8 are you on?

Comment

log errors: just something about multiple chartstyles with same type found, ignoring... but this is not related to anything i've been doing - I've seen that before.

I do have a question about the analyzer columns though.

I find that these columns are not updating initially after a recompile, is that normal? if I focus on them and press F5 then they start working correctly and usually I don't have to press F5 anymore now that I don't have the dots problem anymore.

Comment

NinjaCustomer,

It could make since to reload any NinjaScripts after compiling when changes were made to the code. I would not expect for the Market Analyzer to simply stop working after a compile.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes