• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Usage of ChartTrader in Add-On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usage of ChartTrader in Add-On

I have implemented a new kind of chart type in my Add-On and like to integrate NT's ChartTrader in my chart.
    Is there any chance to do this? To use the ChartTrader without ChartControl?
    I really appreciate any information, details or examples!

Hello ruppschtaler,

This would be outside of what is supported by NinjaTrader Support.

However, this thread will remain open for any community members that may know of a way or have an example.

As a tip, the Chart Trader area is a wpf grid.

Below are links to a few indicators you may find helpful.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...327#post499327

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

I'm currently rebuilding an independant version of NT's chart trader in my Add-On since I don't use NT's ChartControl.
      I like to integrate NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartTraderProperties to supply the globally defined chart trader properties.
      Can you please give a hint how to access these persistent saved chart trader properties of NT without the use of NT's ChartControl or ChartTrader?

Thank you

Comment

Hello ruppschtaler,

I'm not aware of any documented or undocumented ways to get the chart trader properties without a chart control.

This thread will remain open for any community members that may know of an undocumented way to achieve this.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Comment

Chelsea

Thank you for posting these informative examples. I have a question somewhat along the lines of ruppschtaler and thought I'd post here.

I'm not sure how to ask this, but I'm looking to develop a custom side panel that will allow me to configure an ATM strategy LIMIT order graphically. Most importantly, I would like the ability to graphically drag the stop loss and profit targets on the graph area ala the way one can update a limit order once you've placed a limit order with Chart Trader, before actually placing the order.

Can you help with an example on how to access the control for the limit order once it is placed?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello janseun,

Attached is an example that demonstrates modifying a limit order from an Addon.

The main difference in your script, is that you will need to loop through the account orders and locate the order in question.

This example will only place a single order and then chase with the limit and trail with the stop market.

(updated May 23rd, 2018)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 06-03-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bztynbzp, Yesterday, 11:17 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post bztynbzp  
            Started by Dan_D_Trader, Yesterday, 03:49 PM
            0 responses