• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamically Choosing an indicator and its plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamically Choosing an indicator and its plots

I want to write an add-on that trades based on the proximity to any plotted-value of any 'available' indicators. For ex. I can set it up to trade when RSI is approaching 50 in any direction.. I should be able to choose which indicator and which plot I want to select to do the "approach" trade.. Hope what I am describing makes sense.

Now - how do I implement the dynamic selection of indicator and its plot values (similar to how you can do in strategy builder conditions)?

Can someone provide a code example?

Thanks

Hello shanshan1001,

Can you provide more detail on the scope of your idea, is this a strategy which will have multiple indicators used or are you referring to an addon which observes all charts?

The only use case I could suggest surrounding this description would be a strategy which adds many versions of the indicator. This could then be used in its logic to make decisions. From an addon there would not really be anything native I could suggest for dynamically selecting indicators like you described.

In a strategy you could create an enum property which could control the indicator selection such as RSI, you can find an example of that here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Dagamos, Today, 11:48 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_RyanS  
    Started by kantkant2, Yesterday, 03:20 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes