Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamically Choosing an indicator and its plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamically Choosing an indicator and its plots

I want to write an add-on that trades based on the proximity to any plotted-value of any 'available' indicators. For ex. I can set it up to trade when RSI is approaching 50 in any direction.. I should be able to choose which indicator and which plot I want to select to do the "approach" trade.. Hope what I am describing makes sense.

Now - how do I implement the dynamic selection of indicator and its plot values (similar to how you can do in strategy builder conditions)?

Can someone provide a code example?

Thanks

Hello shanshan1001,

Can you provide more detail on the scope of your idea, is this a strategy which will have multiple indicators used or are you referring to an addon which observes all charts?

The only use case I could suggest surrounding this description would be a strategy which adds many versions of the indicator. This could then be used in its logic to make decisions. From an addon there would not really be anything native I could suggest for dynamically selecting indicators like you described.

In a strategy you could create an enum property which could control the indicator selection such as RSI, you can find an example of that here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post usazencort  
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses