Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Monitor Instrument/Interval Change From AddOn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

I just wanted to reply back on this item.

It looks like this is currently not possible by any documented/supported means, all links would require the UI linking to be present to be selectable.

I will put in a feature request for this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for clarifying. As far as I am aware this would require the use of a window as the picker needs to be involved in the color selecting process. I will need to confirm if this is at all possible while only using code without a UI, once I have more details on that I will reply back here.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Leave a comment:

• aslane
    replied
    Sorry, should have been more specific. I was referring to an AddOn that does not have a window, so the linking interface is not usable.Also, want to monitor for any change, not just linked charts. I was hoping there would be some way to hook each chart and monitor for changes.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for the post.

The Linking and Interval system is exposed for addons, you can find a sample of that in the basic addon sample here:

If you are asking how to otherwise observe a specific chart window for changes only in that window, I would be unaware of a way to do so with the linking/interval system.

The addon can implement these interfaces and then observe changes that occur which could spawn from a chart window. The link would still work like it does in a chart, so if there is no link color selected in the addon, it would not have anything to observe.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• aslane
    started a topic Monitor Instrument/Interval Change From AddOn

Monitor Instrument/Interval Change From AddOn

From within an AddOn, what would be the recommended way to monitor for an Instrument or Interval change within a chart window?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by cupir2, Yesterday, 07:44 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post cupir2
by cupir2

Started by tkaboris, Today, 06:27 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post tkaboris