Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Display image when button is clicked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display image when button is clicked

Hi,

First of all, I am trying to show an image on my chart when I click a button and remove that image when I click the button again. I have taken some sample code from this forum and NT8 help guide. Codes are like below:

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
    {

}
    private SharpDX.Direct2D1.Bitmap myBitmap = null;

public override void OnRenderTargetChanged()
    {
    myBitmap = LoadBitmapFromContentFile(System.IO.Path.Combine(N injaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir, "MyImage.png")); // Type the file location depending upon the folder and file location of the file

}
    private SharpDX.Direct2D1.Bitmap LoadBitmapFromContentFile(string filePath)
    {
    if (RenderTarget == null) return null;
    SharpDX.Direct2D1.Bitmap newBitmap;

// Neccessary for creating WIC objects.
    SharpDX.WIC.ImagingFactory imagingFactory = new SharpDX.WIC.ImagingFactory();
    SharpDX.IO.NativeFileStream fileStream = new SharpDX.IO.NativeFileStream(filePath, SharpDX.IO.NativeFileMode.Open, SharpDX.IO.NativeFileAccess.Read);

// Used to read the image source file.
    SharpDX.WIC.BitmapDecoder bitmapDecoder = new SharpDX.WIC.BitmapDecoder(imagingFactory, fileStream, SharpDX.WIC.DecodeOptions.CacheOnDemand);

// Get the first frame of the image.
    SharpDX.WIC.BitmapFrameDecode frame = bitmapDecoder.GetFrame(0);

// Convert it to a compatible pixel format.
    SharpDX.WIC.FormatConverter converter = new SharpDX.WIC.FormatConverter(imagingFactory);
    converter.Initialize(frame, SharpDX.WIC.PixelFormat.Format32bppPRGBA);

// Create the new Bitmap directly from the FormatConverter.
    if (RenderTarget != null) newBitmap = SharpDX.Direct2D1.Bitmap.FromWicBitmap(RenderTarge t, converter);
    else newBitmap = null;
    SharpDX.Utilities.Dispose(ref bitmapDecoder);
    SharpDX.Utilities.Dispose(ref fileStream);
    SharpDX.Utilities.Dispose(ref imagingFactory);

return newBitmap;
    }

private void OnMyMultiChartButtonClick(object sender, RoutedEventArgs rea)
    {
    System.Windows.Controls.Button button = sender as System.Windows.Controls.Button;
    if (button != null)
    {
    myBitmap = LoadBitmapFromContentFile(System.IO.Path.Combine(N injaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir, "MyImage.png"));
    float startPoint = ChartPanel.X;
    float endPoint = (ChartPanel.Y + ChartPanel.H / 2);

//SharpDX.RectangleF rect = new SharpDX.RectangleF(startPoint.X, startPoint.Y, width, height);
    RenderTarget.DrawBitmap(myBitmap, new SharpDX.RectangleF(startPoint, endPoint, (float)ChartPanel.W * 0.4f, (float)ChartPanel.H / 2), 1.0f, SharpDX.Direct2D1.BitmapInterpolationMode.Linear);

}

}

It looks ok to me, but I think, something is missing somewhere, because it's not executing ie, after I click the button it does not display the MyImage.png.

Secondly, I wanted to remove the image from the chart window.

Can anyone guide me on this please how to resolve this issue?

thanks.

Hello asmmbillah, thanks for your post.

SharpDX WIC objects need to be initialized through a file stream. The post linked below from our colleague Jim gives a good example on properly drawing bitmaps with SharpDX.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

Thanks for the info. After reviewing the referred post, I have corrected the code like below:

protected override void OnBarUpdate() { }

public override void OnRenderTargetChanged()
      {
      base.OnRenderTargetChanged();
      if (RenderTarget == null || RenderTarget.IsDisposed) return;

// Dispose all Render dependant resources on RenderTarget change.
      if (myBitmap != null) myBitmap.Dispose();
      if (fileStream != null) fileStream.Dispose();
      if (bitmapDecoder != null) bitmapDecoder.Dispose();
      if (converter != null) converter.Dispose();
      if (frame != null) frame.Dispose();

// Neccessary for creating WIC objects.
      fileStream = new SharpDX.IO.NativeFileStream(System.IO.Path.Combine (NinjaTrader.Core.Globals.UserDataDir, "MyImage.png"), SharpDX.IO.NativeFileMode.Open, SharpDX.IO.NativeFileAccess.Read);
      // Used to read the image source file.
      bitmapDecoder = new SharpDX.WIC.BitmapDecoder(Core.Globals.WicImagingF actory, fileStream, SharpDX.WIC.DecodeOptions.CacheOnDemand);
      // Get the first frame of the image.
      frame = bitmapDecoder.GetFrame(0);
      // Convert it to a compatible pixel format.
      converter = new SharpDX.WIC.FormatConverter(Core.Globals.WicImagin gFactory);
      converter.Initialize(frame, SharpDX.WIC.PixelFormat.Format32bppPRGBA);
      // Create the new Bitmap1 directly from the FormatConverter.
      myBitmap = SharpDX.Direct2D1.Bitmap.FromWicBitmap(RenderTarge t, converter);

}

protected override void OnRender(NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl chartControl, NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartScale chartScale)
      {
      base.OnRender(chartControl, chartScale);
      if (RenderTarget == null || Bars == null || Bars.Instrument == null || myBitmap == null)
      return;
      }
      private void OnMyMultiChartButtonClick(object sender, RoutedEventArgs rea)
      {
      System.Windows.Controls.Button button = sender as System.Windows.Controls.Button;
      if (button != null)
      RenderTarget.DrawBitmap(myBitmap, new SharpDX.RectangleF((float)ChartPanel.W / 2, (float)ChartPanel.H / 2, 150, 150), 1.0f, SharpDX.Direct2D1.BitmapInterpolationMode.Linear);
      }
      }

But still it does not work. When I print for button, it does print the value for button. But though it compiles, it does not work. I think, something I am missing or doing wrong. Please guide to the right direction.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello asmmbillah, thanks for your reply.

I can't see your full code, make sure you add the additional disposal logic within State.Terminated from the sample where all the SharpDX resources are cleaned up. You must also call all rendering functions within OnRender because SharpDX has stuff going on before and after OnRender is called.

I attached a modification of a Chart Trader button example that toggles an image when you click button 1 in chart trader. Replace woodenBox.png with your image file name. Add the attached file within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators then compile.

Best regards.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Chris for the info. I missed to declare a bool. fixed now. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Chris, if you don't mind me asking, can I change time period of a chart with OnButtonClick() ? if yes, can you please suggest the syntax or give me some links to find that in NT8 guide please?
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

That is not possible to do through a script. Any editing of the primary data series must be done through the user interface either by typing the desired data series into the chart (e.g. "1m" for 1 minute) or through the data series menu.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. In that case, is it possible to switch between bar plots of different data series on the same chart panel while only one plots and rest remain invisible? if yes, can I get some direction towards achieving that please?

Comment

This does sound possible. You can use AddDataSeries to get the additional series, then override OnRender to render the bars yourself, rendering only the bars that you want to view. Here is an example of rendering your own bars, the Heiken Ashi indicator:
                  NinjaTrader 8 natively provides Heiken Ashi as a bar type for most common bar types (minute, tick, volume, second, day, week, month, year). This Heiken Ashi indicator is provided for the Range, Renko and any custom bar types that may be added. The indicator performs in the same manner as the NinjaTrader 7 version. 4-27-18 […]

Best regards.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post bill2023  
                  Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes