Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Non NinjaScript based custom Window/Visualisation (Market Profile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non NinjaScript based custom Window/Visualisation (Market Profile)

I would like to make a Market Profile script for NinjaTrader similar to the tool I created in this website herdtrails.com (which uses delayed data and updates intermittently) so that can be live and continuous.

I feel that using NinjaScript will constrain the Drawing possibilities to the chart architecture of NT. The best Market Profile tool I could find on NT is the one from RanchoDinero and it feels they are trying to fit a Market Profile tools in an environment that is not thought for it but just for price indicators.

is it possbile to create NT8 add-on where the window is drawn with external libraries free from NinjaScript drawing library? and where the use of NinjaScript is merely confined to Data feed and Orders handling?

any direction to where I should look to document myself on this topic is very welcomed.
    All I can find is doc and tutorials on how to make indicators and strategies instead.
    Last edited by sylvestersergio; 08-06-2019, 05:23 AM.

Hello sylvestersergio,

It is certainly possible to create new windows as an addon, however I am unaware of any existing example of using a drawing library in a custom window. I will put in a question to development to see if there is any exposed window which already exposes the native sharpDX rendering that can be used, if so I will post back about that. Otherwise this would be something you can explore. You can look into WPF rendering which is likely the easiest for simple tasks, here are some public examples:

WPF Shapes Rendering: https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/m...v=vs.100).aspx

WPF OnRender https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

Otherwise for a rendering library I would likely suggest to try and use the sharpDX libraries that are included in the NinjaTrader program files directory if you were going to attempt this as that is already being used in the platform. Development has previously noted this would not be a trivial task, using a rendering library would be far outside of support so this is an area you would need to explore and debug on your own if you choose this route.

For other rendering libraries or external assemblies in general, you can use the NinjaScript editor to reference them. You could try using any WPF .net 4.5 library for an addon use case. To find out more about addons and for a sample addon window please see the following link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 08-06-2019, 08:37 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

exactly the indication I needed, thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post mmckinnm