Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Looking for addon to manage the capital for several strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for addon to manage the capital for several strategies

Hello !

A few days ago I talked with the support of NinjaTrader, I wanted to know a way to manage the capital that each strategy can be use.
    I mean .. If I have 100,000 $ on my IB account, I want limit the capital for that strategy, Strategy1 can be use 20,000 $ of that capital, and Strategy2 can be use 30,000 $.
    Your sayed me, the better option is to use an addon for manage it. But I can't find one. So I don't know if you can guide me to find one. Or maybe I'm wrong and the solution is not for this way. Thanks..

Hello 7robert,

Thanks for your reply.

In each strategy you would use Account.Get(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...en-us/?get.htm to obtain the current value of the account (if needed).
    In each strategy you can use a user input to set the amount of capital to use.
    You can then divide the amount of capital to use by the current price (Close[0]) to determine the order quantity.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul, thanks for your replay.

Let me explain myself better.

I have multiple strategies running in one account. Lets say this account has initial cash value of $100k.
      I would like to assign each strategy a portion of the account's capital for it to trade. I want to assign $30k to S1 and $50k to S2.
      Lets not confuse capital assignment with position size calculation.

NinjaTrader Support said the best option is to use an AddOn to manage it, but I can't find one.
      Do you know of any existing AddOn that provides this functionality?

Comment

Hello 7robert,

Thanks for your reply.

"NinjaTrader Support said the best option is to use an AddOn to manage it, but I can't find one. Do you know of any existing AddOn that provides this functionality?" I do not. Can you provide a ticket number where we can check the information provided to you concerning an Add-on? Perhaps it was a reference to a 3rd party add-on?

The best way forward would be to track how much money the strategy goes through, and use user defined inputs to limit how much each strategy can use to trade

For example, tracking realized pnl for each realtime trade + unrealized pnl

References:
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?cumprofit.htm
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...profitloss.htm
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PaulH; 08-09-2019, 02:25 PM. Reason: removed copy/paste extra words
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

I do not have a ticket number because this information was provided over the phone.
          Using what you are suggesting it would result in calculation errors when resuming a strategy because the user input that holds assigned capital would restart to its initial value.
          I'm gonna use AddOn Development information to cover my needs.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post bmartz
          by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses