Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart trader customization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes mine shows orders on chart as well. you can place/change/cancel any orders. i will release my share in userapp soon for others to collaborate as i believe it will become easier.

Comment

I have found that setting ChartTraderVisibility in an AddOn changes the Visibility of ChartTrader as expected, but it seems to have the side-effect of "locking" the ChartTrader menu icon in such a way that even though it can be clicked and a different ChartTrader Visibility chosen, ChartTrader does not change to that selected Visibility. I suspect this relates to the warning highlighted here by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB that these UI properties are designed to be set by a user and attempting to modify them through a custom script is NOT guaranteed to take effect.

If that is so, I would request that these Properties, ChartTraderVisibility at least, be supported for programmatic usage.

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

I have submitted your request to our development for consideration.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.

I appreciate your patience.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-5023.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            thanks Chelsea, this has been helpful, i actuall used the "Add on Framework" example to build my own chart trader.. was able to incorporate validation before placing orders. Two new things i am now stuck at:
            1. Attaching to the chart window; a individual chart can have its own TradeManager add on just like default ChartTrader. Need to be able to attach to the chart it should be on top of chart or side by side to the chart(ust like default chart trader is positioned).
            2. Need some guidance on placing limit order ; need some help on how to get last bid or last ask price. not sure how to access last bid/ask in the order place scenario from add on.
            entryOrder = accountSelector.SelectedAccount.CreateOrder(Instru ment, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Limit, tifSelector.SelectedTif, qudSelector.Value, <GetLastBid>, 0, string.Empty, "Manish-CT-"+btnBuyMarket.Content.ToString(), null);
            Hi Manish,

Please I have similar issues on an Addon... can you share the correct code for <GetLastBid> and as shown in the below script;

entryOrder = accountSelector.SelectedAccount.CreateOrder(Instru ment, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.Limit, tifSelector.SelectedTif, qudSelector.Value, <GetLastBid>, 0, string.Empty, "Manish-CT-"+btnBuyMarket.Content.ToString(), null);

Regards.

Omololu

Comment

Hello Omololu,

The GetCurrentAsk()/GetCurrentBid() methods are available to scripts that have an internal data series such as indicators and strategies.
              Through the addon approach a BarsRequest must be used to get any data.

Below is a link to the help guide.

The BarsPeriod would need to use MarketDataType.Ask or MarketDataType.Bid.

Once a subscription stream is established for the instrument, you can add an event handler to the .Update event to continue getting ask (or bid) streaming prices.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes