Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

WPF Control in Market Analyzer Column?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPF Control in Market Analyzer Column?

Is it possible to create a MarketAnalyzerColumnBase or equivalent that renders a WPF UserControl? I'm attempting to create a Market Analyzer Column that has cells which render a clickable Hyperlink for each row.

Any chance some kind soul has some sample code they're willing to share if this is possible?

I know I can extend MarketAnalyzerColumnRenderBase and render whatever I want in the OnRender() method so I would think a WPF control should be doable somehow.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Hello stoner,

I took a quick look through the market analyzer column properties however I am not able to see any simple way to access the control/cell which the column is targeting. The OnRender override is exposed specifically for the column, in the same sense some UI content property would need to be exposed in which the column could append other WPF elements to. For this item I would likely need to put in a feature request to expose the column as a WPF element in addition to offering rendering options.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please put in a feature request. Thank you.

Until then, are there any examples of capturing a row clicked event within the Market Analyzer grid? I saw this thread but it didn't help me much because I cannot find a reference to the grid/row/column/cell from a MarketAnalyzerColumnBase instance. The owner property is always null.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Hello stoner,

Thank you for the reply.

I will put in a feature request here. As for finding the cell, I am not aware of any way to do this currently. The column is not really set up in that way to access the UI portion it is associated with, it is mainly just used to calculate data before the analyzer tool delegates where the data goes visually.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For the record, as a workaround to not being able to create a hyperlink I took the AddonShell_NT8.zip example and created a NinjaScript AddOn which implements IInstrumentProvider. Now I can capture the Market Analyzer's row clicks using the UI's Instrument Link feature.

Hope this helps someone.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-23-2024, 09:53 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes