Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pip calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pip calculator

Hi,
    Can someone please help me create an add-on or indicator.
    I would like to know if anyone can help me create a calculator, or if it already exists. Which shows only the distance in PIP from one point to another on the graph.

Hello Don,

Thank you for your note.

You can use the built-in Ruler drawing tool to achieve this. You can find this under the drawing tools menu. The Y value it displays is the price difference between the two ends of the ruler.

By default I believe it shows you the difference as price, but if you double click on the line after you've drawn it , you can set the display to Price, Pips, Ticks, Currency or Percentage. To save this setting as default, once you've chosen the display type, click the template button in the bottom right, then click Save > Save as Default. Next time you use the Ruler tool, it will then use your settings as the default so you don't have to change it each time.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Many thanks for the reply, Kate W.

It would be possible for only pips information to appear. Without the rectangle with the other information?
      I attach two images as an example.

Greetings
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Don,

Thank you for your reply.

You'd have to make a copy of the Ruler drawing tool and modify the code to omit the other information and the rectangle in order to remove them, unfortunately - you can't adjust that box visually other than the Y value display unit and changing the font color.

This would be fairly advanced, as you're dealing with quite a bit of rendering. If you're interested in having someone make those changes for you, I'd be happy to have a member of our Business Development team get in touch with you for some options for NinjaScript Consultants.

I did check our User App Share but didn't see anything. You might try anyway, perhaps you'll see one I didn't:

You might also try a quick internet search for third party ruler or measurment tools - I'm certain there's more than one available, but I can't point you to a specific vendor.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by egordleo, Today, 05:50 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post egordleo  
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        118 responses
        1 like