Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Manual backtesting on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB Worx
    replied
    See here
    The manual strategy backtest indicator allows you to quickly backtest your strategy by marking your entries/exits on the chart. It will provide all the important trade statistics and also show the results for each trade. Click to read more and get our 5-day free trial.

Leave a comment:

• EB Worx
    replied
    If someone is intestered, send me an email at [email protected]
    made something like this a while ago..
    You can read more about it here
    The best traders backtest their strategies. In this post we'll take a look at our backtest indicator which makes backtesting a lot easier

Last edited by EB Worx; 08-01-2020, 08:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello snbence,

Thank you for the post.

This is certainly something that could be accomplished however I am unaware of a specific item that does this type of calculation that I could suggest. If any users are currently using or know of this type of item I am sure they will post here also.

Just to be clear the strategy analyzer tool for back testing cannot be called from code, by manual backtest I am speaking about what you mentioned or doing calculations based on manual input.

You are able to locate drawing objects in realtime from NinjaScript so what you are asking could be developed or be based on manually drawn objects. You can find an example of locating objects here:

Once you have the objects in code you could do any number of calculations with their data points and also render that in many different ways. If you wanted to develop this item and had questions about finding objects or other items related the forum is a good place to post those questions and we can try to help piece the information required together.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• snbence
    started a topic Manual backtesting on chart

Manual backtesting on chart

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for an add-on/indicator to do manual backtesting. Like I place a drawing object anywhere on chart, for instance an entry arrow and after an another for exit. If I put more on these on chart, than it would be nice to see a summary of these manual simulated trades like in Strategy Analyzer.
    Is there anything like this?
    Or is there a possibility to add a trade to a sim account in the past not in real time?

Thanks for the answer.
    Last edited by snbence; 01-02-2020, 03:07 PM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post algospoke  
Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM