Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Programatically load or initialize a Stock instrument into the local NT Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Programatically load or initialize a Stock instrument into the local NT Database

I developed a Ninjatrader AddOn that is a market scanner. Sometimes stocks are added to the scanner results that are not in the Ninjatrader database yet. When that happens, I cannot instantiate a Cbi.Instrument (Instrument instrument = Instrument.GetInstrument(symbol) since the symbol is not in the NT local database.

Everything works fine with instruments that well known to NT. In other words, if you open a Chart for the missing Symbol, NT will initiate the database and going forward my scanner AddOn will now work for that instrument.

The NT Chart code is certainly calling some function that Initializes the Instrument in the NT Database for the first time.

How can I call the same function from my Add On? (Causing the Unknown instrument to be loaded in the local database)

Thank you!

Hello jmneto,

Thank you for your post.

There is no supported method to add instruments to the NinjaTrader database at this time. There may be an unsupported method to do this, however, I do not have information on one.

However, I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to add instruments programmatically to the database. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-1849.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
    1 response
    0 likes