Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Labeled Lines Drawing Tool by NinjaTrader_Jim NinjaTrader Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labeled Lines Drawing Tool by NinjaTrader_Jim NinjaTrader Customer Service

Hi Jim,
    Hoping you see this.
    I LOVE your Labeled Lines tool! So many thanks for that.
    The one thing I'd very much like to have is a way for the whole price to show vs the rounded price. I know there is a click for this, but no matter if clicked or not clicked, I only get the first 2 decimals on a Forex chart - and as you know, it is all about the last decimals.
    Is this a glitch? Or, perhaps, something that can be fixed/added? A quick visual with the whole number while trading would be MOST helpful!

Second, on a wish list, I think I have heard the Ninja restricts putting add-on text in the y axis price bar. In which case I understand why the price is where it is. If not however, as a wish, it would be great to have it there so as not to run into candles.

Last, another wish, I like to add my S/R lines and only extend them right, not left (started this on TOS), so when I look at my history I can see when/why I added them. It helps very much that Ninja puts the date in properties as to when it was added, but a visual is always so much quicker. Should you have the hankering one day to add as options "extend left" and "extend right," with both checked as default, (to cover what everyone needs), I would be most appreciative....

In the meantime, many thanks for a great tool!
    Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Marshall; 01-25-2020, 05:23 PM.

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for your feedback.

I'll see about adding such functionality when I have time to make changes to this script. (Custom projects and changes to conversion scripts must come second to providing technical support.)

In regards to the behavior with FOREX, I had not considered this case for FOREX, so I have not implemented functionality for this case. In the meantime, you can consider adding modifications to the script so it better supports FOREX. For example, you could consider modifying the following block

Code:
    // Round the price
    if (LineType != ChartLineType.VerticalLine)
    {
        if (AttachedTo.AttachedToType == AttachedToType.Bars || RoundPrice)
            pricetime = priceToUse <= masterInst.RoundDownToTickSize(priceToUse) + masterInst.TickSize * 0.5
                        ? pricetime = masterInst.RoundDownToTickSize(priceToUse).ToString("0.00")          
                        : pricetime = masterInst.RoundToTickSize(priceToUse).ToString("0.00");
        else
            pricetime = priceToUse.ToString("0.00");
    }
    To:
    Code:
    if (LineType != ChartLineType.VerticalLine)
    {
    [B]    if (masterInst.InstrumentType == InstrumentType.Forex)
            pricetime = priceToUse.ToString("0.000000");[/B]
    [B]    else [/B]if (AttachedTo.AttachedToType == AttachedToType.Bars || RoundPrice)
            pricetime = priceToUse <= masterInst.RoundDownToTickSize(priceToUse) + masterInst.TickSize * 0.5
                        ? pricetime = masterInst.RoundDownToTickSize(priceToUse).ToString("0.00")          
                        : pricetime = masterInst.RoundToTickSize(priceToUse).ToString("0.00");
        else    
            pricetime = priceToUse.ToString("0.00");
    }
    I look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes