Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Processor Mismatch error in Visual-Studio-Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processor Mismatch error in Visual-Studio-Code

I recognize that the NT organization does not intend to support the use of Visual-Studio.

That said, I am seeing the following error that makes me question if there might be a target error in the project file for the Custom folder.

[info]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectManager
    Update project: NinjaTrader.Custom
    Queue project update for 'c:\Users\Randy\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj'
    Loading project: c:\Users\Randy\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj
    [warn]: OmniSharp.MSBuild.ProjectLoader
    There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "PresentationCore", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
    c:\Users\Randy\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\NinjaTrader.Custom.csproj
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\BuildTools\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\Microsoft. Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2041,5): Error: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "PresentationCore", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.

Update project: NinjaTrader.Custom

Hello RandyT,

NinjaTrader does not allow you to compile from Visual Studio. You must compile from the NinjaScript Editor.
    (If you save a script while the NinjaScript Editor is open NinjaTrader will automatically compile)

Are you getting these errors when compiling?

Are you unable to open the project by clicking the visual studio button on the NinjaScript Editor, edit a script, and then save it so that NinjaTrader auto compiles?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chelsea,

I recognize that I cannot compile from VS. These are errors that are being shown while in the VS editor. Not sure if there is a way to quiet them, or if they point out a valid issue.

I am not able to press the VS button in NT Editor. It tells me it cannot find my VS install. Not sure why. Has never worked.

The error message I provided comes from the "Show Output" button in this message in VS.

On a related issue, It seems that sometimes the NT editor gets in a "locked" state in that it stops automatically compiling the changed files. Is there a way to restart the compile watching process? Closing the editor and starting a new one does not seem to help. The only solution I have found is to shut down NT and restart.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello RandyT,

I would focus on getting the Visual Studio Selector working again as NinjaTrader will setup everything for you when you click the button on the NinjaScript Editor. It sounds like you may not have all of the .NET package included with the installation of VS 2017.

I would recommend uninstalling all versions of visual studio. Remove any remaining program files or settings files that may be left behind.

Then install Visual Studio 2017 once more. Ensure that ALL .NET packages are included with the installation.
        This should re-install and correct the Selector which is what NinjaTrader uses to launch Visual Studio.

There is not a way to restart the watching service and I am not able to reproduce this behavior on my end. (I leave the NinjaScript Editor open for days at a time and use Visual Studio to edit and save scripts, and the auto-compile has never failed for me)
        What this may indicate is that something may be causing exceptions in NinjaTrader..

I would like to schedule a call with you so that we may create a clean settings environment and test for this behavior.

Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

I am using Visual-Studio-Code and not Visual Studio 2017. I was told in a previous post to the forums that this should work.

Comment

Hello RandyT,

Ah... I'm not familiar with this and I'm not certain that NinjaTrader supports this.
            (NT directs the cproj to Visual Studio 2015 and 2017).

However, if you prefer this to using the standard tools this thread will remain open for any community members that would like to assist.

Comment

Chelsea,

I went back to reread a recent post that I made where Jesse made the suggestion of "VS Community". It did not click for me at the time that this was something different from VS Code.

I'll install VS Community and see if that resolves the problems.

Comment

Wanted to follow-up and post that after installing the VS Community Edition, the VS launcher button now works.

I would however like to express the use case for figuring out how to support VS Code.

I work about 99% of the time on a Linux workstation. I carry a Mac Powerbook for my laptop. When using Windows systems, it is typically via RDP from one of those two computers.

VS Code...
                1. Runs well on all of those platforms. Mac, Windows and Linux.
                2. I can sync extensions and configuration across all of those editor installations.
                3. I actively write in at least 3-4 different languages through the day. VS Code supports all of them well.
                4. VS Code is very lightweight. Very little disc space required for storage and very little memory and cpu required to run it.
                5. Seems to support NT pretty well with Intellisense working as expected. Only issues I had was the launcher button not working and eventually, after a few autosaves, autocompile stops working to a point where I have to restart NT in order to wake it from this state.

I'd be happy to try things if someone would like to work with me to figure out how to get VS Code working for NT.

Thanks again for the quick support.
                Last edited by RandyT; 07-24-2018, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Handclap0241