Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

App downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

App downloading

Hello, I am trying to download user app's but I am not able to do it, I have tried 3 different browsers without successes. Is there something special that I need to do besides clicking on the download?
    Thanks,
    Aram
    Attached Files

Hello aramtrader,

There is a popup window when you click the link, if you have popup blockers that may be the issue. Otherwise there is nothing special that needs to be done, you may want to try using an incognito/private browsing window and try again. You can also try clearing the browsers cache/temporary files to see if that helps.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jesse for your quick replay. I have opened on win edge a private window turned off the blocker but still the same problem, the problem is not being able to open the page but when I click on the orange download icon the page kind of freezes it looks like the image that I have attached on my first message.
      Thanks,
      Aram

Comment

Hello aramtrader,

The yellow download button should open a pop up when you click it, you have to accept an agreement to download the file. If that is not happening that could be due to an extension being used in the browser or other internet security you have on the PC.

I tried this before posting and see that the link works for me, can you provide a link to what you tried to download so I can double check that download works?

Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome_2020-04-02_07-01-47.png
Views:	345
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1092736

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help. I use chrome, edge and opera as browsers I have opened them in private disabled the pop up blockers nothing has changed it is exactly the same problem from the begin on. I tried to download many different ones to see if I can download any of them but it is the same problem. I use win 10 and don't have a special virus program is there something that I can change on my pc internet security?

Comment

Hello aramtrader,

I am not certain what would cause that to happen in all browsers, you may want to try and reset one of the browsers to see if that helps. If all browsers are affected that makes me think that relates to something on the PC or with the connection potentially.

Do you have a second PC or phone that can try to download the file? A second pc could help to verify if something on the PC is blocking it. A phone could help to verify if its something with your internet connection blocking it.

The page would otherwise need to pop up that dialog to be able to download the file, in chrome you may want to try pressing F12 to open the console. Are any details present when clicking the download button?

Comment

Hello Jesse, I tried to download on my phone and had the same problem but it opened on a chromebook, this means there is something wrong with my pc, do you have any idea what it could be? (the chromebook uses the same internet like my pc.)

Comment

same problem here as well...just a round circle that keeps going

Comment

Hello aramtrader,

If it relates to the specific PC that is likely due to some software or settings being used however I am not aware of what that might be specifically to block just that download link.

Are you using a proxy or vpn on the PC where you were not on the chromebook?

Do you have anything on the PC which controls web security, you said you did not have an antivirus but web security may be separate. Do you have any browser extensions installed? If you have any extensions enabled at all that would be one item to try and disable everything.
                  In windows you can try turning off the firewall and windows defender temporarily to see if that relates to the problem, if so that may be a solution or to just disable those to click the link and then re enable them.

Outside of that observation I couldn't really say what may be happening there aside from something on the PC is preventing the page from working. Was anything listed in the browsers console window after clicking the button and seeing it spinning?

Comment

Hi Jess, I fixed it I made changes on win edge after that it let me download.
                    Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes