Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaScript Base, ChartBars and ChartControl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaScript Base, ChartBars and ChartControl

Hi,

Can someone kindly illuminate me on the relationship between ChartBars, ChartControl and NinjascriptBase. I am trying to get a picture of what each does and how they fit together. Is there a way to get one from the other; for example, NinjaScriptBase from say ChartBars or ChartControl? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for your note.

The ChartControl is the charts bar related properties and x axis. Helpguide Link,

ChartBars provides gui access related methods and properties to the primary bars series configured on the chart through the Data Series Manager. HG Link:

I suggest looking at the SampleCustomRender sample indicator preloaded on NinjaTrader for how these work together. The OnRender section of our helpguide provides another sample,

If you need further assistance if you could provide what it is you are attempting to do we can try and provide resources.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi AlanP,

Thank you for your response. I was actually looking for more of an architectural/design overview of these items and an indication of where they might overlap, if anywhere.I am familiar with OnRender() so that is not an issue.

The one area, however, I would like more clarity on is NinjaScript Base. What exactly is it and where does it fit in? Does it relate to ChartControl, or ChartBars, etc? Is there a way to get it from say ChartControl?

Also, what exactly is the NinjaScriptBase owner and how is it obtained?

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

In Ninjatrader we have a lot of inheritance and the NinjaScriptbase is one object which scripts inherit from to name the properties that they are supposed to have.

Would you please provide your use case and whether this is related to drawing text on a chart from a custom bars type?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hi AlanP,

I wam trying to do two things:

1. get a better understanding of how the various parts of NT fit together.
          2. Yes, I was also trying to find more information regarding the NinjaScriptBase to see whether it might be retrievable in some way from ChartControl. Yes, this is related to the SFT assigned to drawing objects from an AddOn.

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

An indicator has a ninjascript base, which is why having an indicator applied to the chart to display the text related to the bars type is the solution to what you’re looking to do.

Trying to draw text on a chart from a custom bars type is unsupported.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
            6 responses
            2 likes
            Last Post ultls
            by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
            0 responses