Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to reference future price bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reference future price bars

I am in the process of learning how to code strategies for the ninjatrader platform. I have a indicator code written in thinkscript (java language) that I am rewriting into ninjascript. I have a couple of questions:

1) How do I best reference future price bars? The current thinkscript indicator contains code such as " ohlc4[-1] < hl2[-3]". Is it enough to just replace the 0, as in close[0], with a [-1]? Or do I need to define the future price data before I can use it?

2) Where can I find a ninjascript code manual? I have found the Launchpad v8 e-book, and I know that Ninjatrader has a large rescouce section on the site. Is there a downloadable pdf available to study? What are good technical ninjascript resources?

Thanks for any answers, I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Welcome to the forums Tamza!

We don't support negative Bars Ago references because in a real world context, we would not know what future bars would include. The script should wait until it has processed X number of bars before it makes a reference to those bars.

The full NinjaScript language reference can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erence_wip.htm

We also have educational materials and samples that can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._resources.htm

If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask on our forum, or email us at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the resources, Jim!
      I'm glad you let me know that NinjaTrader doesnt support future price. I earlier had found code for referencing future pricebars (written in c+), but it was for a different trading platform. I'll try to do a workaround in the original code to exclude the use of future price.
      Last edited by Tamza; 04-27-2020, 09:56 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes