Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Create a Chart Tab from an AddOn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create a Chart Tab from an AddOn

How does one create a Chart Tab from an AddOn?

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hi jeronymite, thanks for your question.

The chart tab written by NinjaTrader is not publicly available, so it would need to be done "from scratch". All of the WPF controls and some kind of render area need to be added to the addon tab. I'll submit a feature request to our product managers so we can easily add a chart into an addon tab.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Chris. A supported feature would be excellent.

In the meantime, I know that many capabilities are not "supported" or documented for use, but can be done in an unsupported manner if one is aware of the way. Is this possible with creating a chart tab via an AddOn?

I am aware of the Chart and ChartTab classes, for example. The AddOn documentation even speaks of the Chart class in particular and how it can be accessed in an AddOn for various reasons. Can they (or some other, unsupported means) be used to either create the chart tab or make it relatively straightforward to do so?

Thanks.
      jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

This is Jim responsing on behalf of Chris who is out of the office at this time.

Interest in the ability to create a chart tab in an AddOn window is being tracked with the internal ticket ID SFT-4897.

There is not any documentation or insight we could provide for programmatically creating/adding a chart tab. If other community members of have accomplished this, we will leave the thread open so they can share their experience.

We look forward to assisting.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Taking a slightly different approach, if one identifies a Chart window with multiple Chart tabs, and identifies the MainTabControl and all TabItems, how can one access the individual tabs as Charts and modify the Instrument and Interval on any individual Chart tab?

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

We do not offer a supported way to programmatically change the Data Series on a chart and do not have a supported way to switch the tab and then programmatically change the data series. My colleague Chelsea has some code that can programmatically change the Data Series by sending key presses to change the instrument through an overlay instrument selector in the Rollover Indications indicator.

You could consider triggering the hot key to switch tabs programmatically, but this would also be considered an unsupported approach.

Rollover Indications - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indications-2/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jim. That was helpful. I found a few clues to ways to do things, and although some minor "contortions" are still needed, I can now achieve quite a lot of what I want.
              jeronymite

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DanielSanMartin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM