• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to add rows (instruments) to Market Analyzer Windows programatically?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add rows (instruments) to Market Analyzer Windows programatically?

Hi,

How can I programmatically add rows(instruments) to a Market Analyzer window?

My objective is from an indicator or strategy to add Instruments to the Market Analyzer Window.

Thank you!
    jmneto

Hello jmneto,

Thank you for your note.

This would not be possible however I will submit a feature request for this.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was able to progress a bit by sending Keystrokes to Market Analyzer. But it only works if I have the Focus on Market Analyzer. You guys have helped me before with similar technique for sending keystrokes for a chart.

I got the code below working but only if Market Analyzer has focus. How can I set the focus to Market Analyzer?

// send a key event to trigger the instrument overlay selector to appear
      Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent(new TextCompositionEventArgs(InputManager.Current.Prim aryKeyboardDevice, new TextComposition(InputManager.Current, Keyboard.FocusedElement, "open sesame")) { RoutedEvent = TextCompositionManager.PreviewTextInputEvent });

// send the actual string you want in the instrument overlay selector
      Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent(new TextCompositionEventArgs(InputManager.Current.Prim aryKeyboardDevice, new TextComposition(InputManager.Current, Keyboard.FocusedElement, "AAPL")) { RoutedEvent = TextCompositionManager.TextInputEvent });

//send the enter key
      Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent(new KeyEventArgs(Keyboard.PrimaryDevice, Keyboard.PrimaryDevice.ActiveSource, 0, Key.Enter) { RoutedEvent = Keyboard.PreviewKeyDownEvent });

I need something equivalent to this code below that sets the focus to a chart:

// explicity give the chart focus
      ChartControl.OwnerChart.Focus();

I need something similar that would set the focus to the Market Analyzer

Comment

Hello jmneto,

I had written a ChartButtonChangeInstrumentTimerRaiseEvent sample which added a chart button to the chart and when pressed would switch the chart symbol, but because the button was added within the ChartControl, it was easy to focus on the chart portion.

I do not have any documented samples which demonstrate how you could do this on the market analyzer however have submitted the feature request for this.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alextrd, Today, 01:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alextrd
        by alextrd

Started by Boonfly8, Today, 12:10 PM
        1 response