Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to add rows (instruments) to Market Analyzer Windows programatically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carnitron
    replied
    Ok, thanks for clarifying. This would be really useful for AddOn strategies that trade a large and dynamic number of tickers. Adding rows by hand here is not really practical or even possible.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello carnitron,

At this time that feature has not been implemented. You can track the feature request using the id SFT-3579 in the change log.

Leave a comment:

• carnitron
    replied
    Has there been any movement on this feature request? I note it was logged in 2016.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_AlanP
    replied
    Hello jmneto,

I had written a ChartButtonChangeInstrumentTimerRaiseEvent sample which added a chart button to the chart and when pressed would switch the chart symbol, but because the button was added within the ChartControl, it was easy to focus on the chart portion.

I do not have any documented samples which demonstrate how you could do this on the market analyzer however have submitted the feature request for this.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• jmneto
    replied
    I was able to progress a bit by sending Keystrokes to Market Analyzer. But it only works if I have the Focus on Market Analyzer. You guys have helped me before with similar technique for sending keystrokes for a chart.

I got the code below working but only if Market Analyzer has focus. How can I set the focus to Market Analyzer?

// send a key event to trigger the instrument overlay selector to appear
    Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent(new TextCompositionEventArgs(InputManager.Current.Prim aryKeyboardDevice, new TextComposition(InputManager.Current, Keyboard.FocusedElement, "open sesame")) { RoutedEvent = TextCompositionManager.PreviewTextInputEvent });

// send the actual string you want in the instrument overlay selector
    Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent(new TextCompositionEventArgs(InputManager.Current.Prim aryKeyboardDevice, new TextComposition(InputManager.Current, Keyboard.FocusedElement, "AAPL")) { RoutedEvent = TextCompositionManager.TextInputEvent });

//send the enter key
    Keyboard.FocusedElement.RaiseEvent(new KeyEventArgs(Keyboard.PrimaryDevice, Keyboard.PrimaryDevice.ActiveSource, 0, Key.Enter) { RoutedEvent = Keyboard.PreviewKeyDownEvent });

I need something equivalent to this code below that sets the focus to a chart:

// explicity give the chart focus
    ChartControl.OwnerChart.Focus();

I need something similar that would set the focus to the Market Analyzer

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_AlanP
    replied
    Hello jmneto,

Thank you for your note.

This would not be possible however I will submit a feature request for this.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• How to add rows (instruments) to Market Analyzer Windows programatically?

Hi,

How can I programmatically add rows(instruments) to a Market Analyzer window?

My objective is from an indicator or strategy to add Instruments to the Market Analyzer Window.

Thank you!
    jmneto

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post DynamicTest  
Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
4 responses
0 likes