Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add on-chart signal arrows to StochRSI indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add on-chart signal arrows to StochRSI indicator

programmers;

I need somthing that I hope would be a simple conversion from NT7 to NT8.

A while back I was gifted a Ninja 7 indicator from a chap called "Wizard" that puts arrows ON THE CHART when the StochRSI crosses above or below the 20/80 overbought/oversold lines in the indicator panel. (I find it easier to keep an eye on price action when I don't have to look at a separate indicator). The arrow prints on the signal candle as soon as the next candle opens following the crossover. It otherwise has all the functionality of the indicator as it exists internally in 7, suggesting that it is a modification of the NT7 default indicator. Alas, Wizard is not programming in Ninja 8, so is unable to make the modification to upgrade this indicator to Ninja 8.

I am no programmer, probably unable, as a somewhat goofy 71 year-old, to learn those ropes. I'm hoping some kind programming genius can provide me with the upgrade I'm seeking.

Attached is a ZIP file of the NT7 indicator; a picture is also included showing some instances as described. Can anybody help?
    ES 06-20 (3 Min) 5_30_2020
    Attached Files

Hello podowitz,

Thanks for your message.

While we do not create modify or debug code for our clients and vendors, we have approved this as a conversion for our Scripting Support team to perform as a training exercise. Conversions must come backseat to regular technical items and are worked on as resources allow. As such we cannot offer an ETA.

When the conversion is completed, the technician performing the conversion will reply here.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello podowitz,

Thank you for your patience.

In the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

That said, I've used this as a learning opportunity for myself and ported this script to NinjaTrader 8.

Attached you will find the StochRSIMod2 indicator converted from NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 8. The indicator draws arrows on the chart when the StochRSI crosses above or below the 20/80 overbought/oversold lines in the indicator panel.

Moving forward, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code any scripts yourself in the future.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

The forum community may also be generous and provide you with requested scripts, so the forum is a good place to ask these kind of questions.

Please let us know if we may further assist.
      Attached Files
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon! I happily set up the stochrsimod2 you kindly programmed and use it every day. Excellent! In looking at the correspondence I realize now that I never thanked you for the effort and shamefully apologize. But now, I have another idea that I hope will arouse your curiosity and whet your appetite for a personal scripting challenge.

As you have seen, I like having things right on the chart; I don't like to divert my attention from the price action.

So here goes: I would like to see on my chart some indication (probably a dot) based on block orders. In other words, there would appear on my chart a 2pt green dot when there is a 100 contract or larger long block order and a 2pt red dot when there is a 100 contract short block order. Ideally, I would be able to choose the size of the block orders (50 or larger, 100 or larger, 200 or larger, etc.).
        Is this something you'd care to add to your personal learning opportunities, as before? Hope so.

Respectfully,
        Steve Podowitz

Comment

Hello podowitz,

Thank you for your note.

I appreciate your kind words. For any further modifications or new script ideas you have, we encourage you to take this on as a learning opportunity for yourself. I am happy to answer any questions you may have as you create this script.

If you do not want to create the script yourself, you could contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify a script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development team to follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

The best way to begin learning NinjaScript is to use the Strategy Builder. With the Strategy Builder, you can set up conditions and variables and then see the generated code in the NinjaScript Editor by clicking the View Code button.

Here is a link to our publicly available training videos, 'Strategy Builder 301' and 'NinjaScript Editor 401', for you to view at your own convenience.

Strategy Builder 301 — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KQF2Sv27oE&t=13s

NinjaScript Editor 401 - https://youtu.be/H7aDpWoWUQs?list=PL...We0Nf&index=14

I am also linking you to the Educational Resources section of the Help Guide to help you get started with NinjaScript:
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._resources.htm

If you are new to C#, to get a basic foundation for the concepts and syntax used in NinjaScript I would recommend this section of articles in our help guide first:
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...g_concepts.htm

And the MSDN (Microsft Developers Network) C# Language Reference.
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erence_wip.htm

Please let us know if we may assist further.
          Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post r68cervera  
          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes