Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Adding Tab to the left margin of a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Tab to the left margin of a chart

Hi,

I am trying to add tab control on chart left top corner with a tab text label vertically aligned. Could not find any example or way to do it for NinjaTrader 8. Can anyone suggest anything or put me to the right direction?

Hello asmmbillah,

I am not aware of that type of sample however we do have some samples that demonstrate modifying/adding to the chart panel. You could add a tab control if you would like however it would need to be done in the same way as the sample shows. https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ions#post96376

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am trying to modify for testing your ChartCustomSidePanelExample where I can see you got Charttrader for colum definiation. But If I want to get column for the left margin column which is already there to modify, how can I get the column for that, what should be the syntax for that pls? And what should be syntax for text label orientation vertical for the text label there which is currently showing horizontally instrument name, TF etc? And if I want to change the button orientation and its text to vertical, what should be the syntax pls?
      Last edited by asmmbillah; 07-08-2020, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Hello asmmbillah, In this situation you would likely need to loop through the nested controls in the window to find that position or use the chart trader as reference to move the columns like the existing side panel example shows. I don't have a specific sample of that which I could provide and that would be fairly involved to create and test. You can see the existing examples that Chelsea provided are very thorough and has taken him quite a while to get working correctly. This would be a situation where you could explore the window controls using the existing sample if you wanted to try and move it over to a different position.

The labels on the tab would also be a difficult concept, this would really be a wpf task and not something which NinjaScript or NinjaTrader has any control over. You could likely do this by creating a custom tab control and a custom style for that control. You could do some research on this topic from existing C#/WPF information by searching for "C# vertical tab headers". You may additionally need to search for how to rotate the text if you also wanted that rotated in the control.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Hello asmmbillah,

Its possible that is the size of the control being used it would be difficult to say from the image. You could also experiment and try setting a constant width that would be wider than the text to see if it shows up. There is nothing in the sample for this specific scenario so this likely relates to the WPF design you created here or is inherited from the styles of the control being used. because the platform has an existing style there are situations where inherited styles can adversely affect a control when it is used in a different way than its used in other areas.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM