Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Control Backtest Cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Backtest Cycle

Hi!

I have a strategy that trades in several instruments, for example MES and MNQ.
    This strategy, has some parameters common to both instruments, for example the target.

When i have parameters, I can use them to identify a good option.
    However, my strategy has different variables between MES and MNQ and I cannot put that as a parameter.

So, because of that, I can't optimize these different "parameters" between the instruments.

Q1: In that case, is there any way to optimize these variables ?

Q2: Is there any way to control the backtesting cycle via code ? I mean, when the backtest ends, can i change the value for that variable and run another backtest just by code ?

This solution would help me a lot.

Thanks!

Hello brunoviveiros,

Thank you for your post.

Only user inputs may be optimized on - you would need to make any variables that you'd want to optimize on into user inputs for them to be optimized. Otherwise, if they are hard coded variables in the script, you'd have to modify the code each time you want to try a different value.

There is not a way to control a backtest from NinjaScript. However, I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request to allow NinjaScript control of backtests/optimizations. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-1386.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/release_notes.htm
    ​​​​​​​

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Christopher_R  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes