Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Local Cursor Crosshair Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local Cursor Crosshair Lines

Is there an indicator or a way to add a horizontal line above and below the local crosshair cursor horizontal line that moves and "floats" with the cursor as you move it?

What I'm looking for is to be able to specify a horizontal line to be X number of ticks above and below the cursor at all times. The line does not need to span the entire screen, maybe only a short distance and the line should be customizable (i.e. change the color and make dotted or dashed).

This would be very helpful to quickly gauge a profit target by just hovering the mouse at a desired entry point. I've set the "Horizontal grid lines interval type" to ticks and the "Horizontal grid lines interval value" to 4. Anything smaller makes the screen too busy.

Any thoughts?

Hello LANwarr1or,

Thanks for your post.

You could use the chart drawing tool Risk-Reward which once defined you can move it with the cursor to provide that functionality. The Risk-Reward drawing tool is described in this link of drawing tools: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ToDrawOnAChart

In the NT user apps section of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem, this tool is available: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...oad/riskruler/ Please Note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried the Risk-Reward indicator. It's close, but not what I was thinking. I'm looking for something that's more readily available. It seems like the bar needs to be closed before you can effectively use the Risk-Reward indicator. Something that will "float" with the price indicator at all times so that I can gauge bars that haven't completed yet.

Comment

Hello LANwarr1or,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you try the 2nd suggestion in my post #2?

If that does not meet your needs, another alternative would be to create what you are looking for. If requested we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers in the Ninjatrader ecosystem who may be able to provide exactly what you need.

Comment

I completely overlooked your second suggestion. I guess I thought it was just a legal disclaimer footer.

The riskruler is very close to what I am looking for. I can make it work. I can set the "Entry adjust Ticks" value to the amount of Ticks that I'm looking for above/below the bar. I would like to modify it to be able to put a line one tick above/below the bar and X ticks above the entry bar (X being a variable that I can change), instead of it adding a 1x risk line equal to the size of the bar.

Comment

Hello LANwarr1or,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it was a disclaimer and I should have spaced it a bit further away.

As the indicator source code has been provided you are welcome to modify as you wish.

If you are not familiar with Ninjascript C# programming an alternative would be to have a 3rd party programmer provide that service. Please note that we do not provide coding services.

Comment

Thanks Paul. I'll try the indicator as is for awhile and see how it works. I don't know how to code C#. Is there a list of 3rd party programmers somewhere in case I want to have someone modify the code?

Comment

Hello LANwarr1or,

This is Chris following up on behalf of Paul.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Hi LANwarr1or, did you ever develop this type of indicator?

Also question to NinjaTrader_PaulH is it even possible to build and edit crosshair in these manners - as I have looked around and there is very little result for anyone customizing crosshair - just want to make sure that it is something that can be customized by indicator with a consultant?

Comment

Hello satmatw,

There would not an official supported way of creating custom crosshairs, but you may get some ideas for unsupported code from the incomplete script below.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Aviram Y  
                      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                      3 responses