Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Set background color for different panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set background color for different panels

Hello,
    I have a chart with 3 panels each with a different Data series and I'd like to set the background color to be a different color for each panel.
    I'll attach an image of something I found online which is what I want to do but I can't find how to do it.
    All I can find related to this is BackBrush but I can't seem to get the same effect as the attached image. I get a left margin that I can't control and if i scroll right the BackBrush color only covers the bar background area but not the actual panel. How could this be done? Thank you.

Hello Catalon,

There are not any internal methods or properties documented by NinjaTrader to accomplish this.

It would be necessary to add 3 instances of an indicator to each panel, that render a rectangle in OnRender(), that is not in the hit test, to achieve this.

The SampleCustomRender indicator shows how to render a rectangle.

Below are links to the help guide.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Catalon View Post
      Hello,
      I have a chart with 3 panels each with a different Data series and I'd like to set the background color to be a different color for each panel.
      I'll attach an image of something I found online which is what I want to do but I can't find how to do it.
      All I can find related to this is BackBrush but I can't seem to get the same effect as the attached image. I get a left margin that I can't control and if i scroll right the BackBrush color only covers the bar background area but not the actual panel. How could this be done? Thank you.
      A quick and easy way to do this would be to use the Repeater Indicator. Just change the start time to 00:00:01 and leave the endtime to 00:00:00
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cutzpr View Post

A quick and easy way to do this would be to use the Repeater Indicator. Just change the start time to 00:00:01 and leave the endtime to 00:00:00
        That is perfect, thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes