Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

StatementDate Not Being Set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StatementDate Not Being Set?

In an AddOn, when displaying Position information on updates to Positions (OnPositionUpdate), the StatementDate for all Positions is always 01-Dec-99 00:00:00. In other words, it appears never to be set. In the case of Executions and Orders, it seems to be always set to the start of the current day, e.g. 23-Jul-20 00:00:00.

Please advise if these DateTimes are what should be expected. If they are not, please submit a bug report.

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for the post.

From what I can tell this proper is not a documented/supported property so what you are seeing is likely correct. There is currently no specification for this property so I would be unable to say when this specifically is used.

I can put in a feature request to have this property exposed for supported use.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jesse. It is unclear what the property represents. In any case, if it is both undocumented and unused/unsupported, its value is largely immaterial, I suppose. Given that it appears in Intellisense, I wanted to know the value. Clearly, I can ignore it, for now at least. A feature request would only be useful if it has specific, recognised value in trade/order management.

Thanks.
      jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

You will see undocumented properties using intellesense, the NinjaScript editor tries to hide these items but other editors like visual studio will show them. A good rule to follow is to just copy/paste the property/name into the help guide and see if it shows up. If not, we likely will not have any further information on that concept or property.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jesse. I do indeed follow your recommended approach. As a Software Engineer, I also like to understand what the platform makes available. As you have kindly suggested at times, there may be things that exist, albeit undocumented, that can provide useful functionality and for which support could be requested.

As always, Jesse, many thanks for taking the time to discuss and advise. I appreciate it.

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238