Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Doesn't Find Addon Anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Doesn't Find Addon Anymore

I've been working on an AddOn project for a couple weeks now with no trouble. I could make changes, build, restart NT and my changes were reflected. I don't know that I did, but NT8 no longer seems to recognize my AddOn dll or pdb. I've deleted them manually (to be sure they were actually being built by Visual Studio) and they're being built correctly. VS puts them in C:\Users\admin\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom which I believe is correct but when NT8 starts up, it doesn't ask if I want to allow AddOns anymore. I uninstalled and re-installed NT8 all to no avail. I also tried using the example addon which shows a new window and NT doesn't find that either. Can you help me figure out what I'm missing here?

Brennan

Hello BrennanSalibrici,

Thank you for the inquiry.

To further test this I would suggest to do a new user folder test, you can retain your data while doing this.

The most simple way to do that is to:
    Exit the platform
    Open the documents folder and rename the NinjaTrader 8 folder to NinjaTrader 8 Old
    Open the windows add remove programs page
    Select NinjaTrader and click Repair or alternatively download the installer and run it

That will generate a new user folder for testing, you can try building your current addon again and then see if its picked up. If it is then something in the user folder is conflicting, if it does not we will need to review what else could be happening surrounding the addon or addon sample and your installation.

Once the test is done you can remove the NinjaTrader 8 folder and then rename your original NinjaTrader 8 Old back to NinjaTrader 8.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Jesse, that fixed it. Any ideas on what or how something got corrupted in there?

Comment

Hello BrennanSalibrici,

Thank you for the reply.

Without exploring the user data further its hard to say. If I had to guess this could relate to the config.xml file.

You could do some tests if you want to retain the old user data folder otherwise if you have nothing you want to keep the new folder is a solution. One test is to remove your config.xml file and have it regenerated. You can also manually remove the <AddOnRegistry> node and the associated xml section from the config.xml file to test this. The addons are registered so if any any point you selected "no" during an import for the addon it would be blocked.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes