Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rendering a Price Marker Independently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rendering a Price Marker Independently

Hello Support,

I found a couple of very old posts on this topic (I believe from NT7). Wondering if there is any way to independently render a price marker (or any object for that matter) to the price y-scale via any of the ChartControl objects? I have some DX ChartObjects rendering via my add-on and I am needing to plot prices associated with those objects without cluttering up the main chart area.

I know that the PriceMarkers are generally only associated with indicator and price plots. However, it seems that because several functions access these PriceMarkers there may be a way to access them somehow that I am missing? I am also not seeing a way with DrawingTools.

I suspect any solution to this is not currently documented/supported but if there is a path you could point me in, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Hello CDXTrader,

Thanks for your question.

Rendering is clipped to the ChartPanel area. One would need to pop out of this clipping rectangle to render out side of the ChartPanel, but this will spell many issues after doing so and break various parts of a chart. Doing so would be completely unsupported and would not be something we would give any insight for doing.

If others have attempted this and have had some success, they are welcome to share their insight on what they have done.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Understood, Jim. Thank you for the response. I will approach it from the WPF angle instead and try to accomplish it that way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh