Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Documentation for Indicator and Strategy classes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documentation for Indicator and Strategy classes?

In NT8 in C#, all custom indicators and strategies inherit from the Ninjatrader base classes Ninjatrader.ninjascript.Indicators.Indicator or Ninjatrader.ninjascript.Strategies.Strategy. I see that much of the functionality is embedded in these base classes, but I cannot locate any documentation on what public or protected methods or variables these classes provide. Is there any documentation available for these? I am a reasonable proficient C# programmer (a very profficient developer in other languages) and I wish to develop for NT8. Please advise.

Hello westofpluto,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.

The help guide is grouped based on the NinjaScript type or if its something "common" that is used in multiple types. This can be confusing to search through if you were expecting it to just be more of the hierarchy.

For the most used types like indicator and strategy the major overrides are found in the common section: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt8/common.htm

The other sub pages for each type may have some additional overrides documented but likely you will see more of the types specific methods and properties listed. There are not a large number of overrides in a script commonly so you likely are not missing a lot in the help guide if you have looked through each area.

An alternative way to explore this would be to view the base type in visual studio to see what the class has for methods but when you do that you will also see internal methods and other items which may not be helpful in NinjaScript. You can search for the method names or other properties in the help guide which may be faster than trying to locate where it is in the side bar.

If you search the help guide for the type and its listed there is generally going to be some kind of information and sample for it, if its not documented you can always post on the forum to ask about it. You may also want to do a search on the forum beforehand for those type of items, there are a lot of samples here for various different topics.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post mmckinnm  
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
    0 responses