Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader 8.0.23, .Net Framework 4.8 and C# Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any updates for this ticket?

Comment

Hello Lumbeezel,

Thanks for your post.

At this time we do not have any updates regarding this feature request.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
      • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
      • Feasibility
      • Developer bandwidth
      • Current projects in the queue
      • Economics
      You'll find a note regarding the feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Let us know if we may assist further.
      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacBillion View Post
        +1 add my vote also.
        It's now C# 11 !!!!
        Does all the tons of votes here matter?
        Also I'll like to add feature request to turn NT use .net core (or now .net6/7) which can be installed and run
        on EVERY platform like apple and linux , thus can reduce cost to use in on cheap vps/cloud without Windows Servers....
        Thanks.
        Isaac.
        Yes, Mac and Linux would be awesome! But I guess it's not just about .net6. There would be many dependencies which wouldn't work on other operating systems.

Comment

Please add my vote for this. Performance improvement is a significant benefit.

Comment

Hello Skechers,

Thank you for your voice.

I've submitted your vote for SFT-3124.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can also add my vote

Comment

I think this is currently one of the most wanted features for NinjaScript.
                It would be awesome if we could get at least some information wether Ninja is already working on it or has any plans in the future?

Comment

IHello rauan,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I've added your vote for SFT-3124.

Thank you for your voice.

Bobin,

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post

Bobin,

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
                    Thanks NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, we already know that this templated answer means ....NO

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacBillion View Post

Thanks NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, we already know that this templated answer means ....NO
                      Upgrading to a new C# version means lots of regression testing.
                      It is understandable that Ninja will not update it immediately.​
                      But I'm sure they will.
                      C#5 is just too obsolete to use it forever.​​

Comment

Originally posted by Bobin View Post

Upgrading to a new C# version means lots of regression testing.
                        It is understandable that Ninja will not update it immediately.​
                        But I'm sure they will.
                        C#5 is just too obsolete to use it forever.​​
                        Yes Bobin, but I think that it's already time that Ninja Forum Support will move Issues and Roadmap support to a Modern and transparent Tool like YouTrack or GitHub Issues
                        that the public can see the demand for every feature and bug fix and by that can assess if there is a point to hold development for specific feature, or wait, or abandon it.
                        For example if there are only 2 guys asking for C#11 so we will immediately understand there is no point to wait for it, and continue develop only in C#5. But if there are 20K (from the 500K
                        NT claims she have) users who ask it, then will know that there is a point to start building with C#11 via DLL and in the near future it will be available directly via Ninjascript.
                        It's time to be more Transparent and Modern , NT!
                        Thx

Comment

It is well worth revisiting earlier posts in this thread and reading forward from there. A good place to start: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...58#post1178758

To re-emphasise some essential points:
                          • Updating to the latest C# and .NET is not "nice to have if enough people want it"
                          • Keeping pace with technology is crucial to maintaining a business advantage -- if "they" have had it for years, but NT seems uninterested, "they" are more likely to attract business away from NT
                          • It is in everyone's interest to keep pace with technology in this area:
                            • The platform as a whole will be able to be more easily maintained -- more than enough criticism in these Forums to justify that!
                            • The platform will be more efficient -- again, just read the Forums and it's very obvious that performance is regularly discussed as problematic in various ways
                            • The platform will be able to be made more robust and reliable as the two points above can reduce development time and therefore more time can be given to QA -- again, more than enough comments in the Forums on this!
                            • The platform can be updated on a more regular and frequent cadence because the points above can reduce time-to-market! Win-win for NinjaTrader LLC as a business and all its users and its community, and it offers the opportunity to increase the rate of new feature development and release (again, see the Forums!)
                            • Development will be easier for the NinjaTrader LLC Development Team and others who develop for the platform -- see all the points above!
                            • Non-programming users will benefit from the points above because the platform will be better in many respects
                            • Programmers (at any level of experience) who write Strategies, Indicators, and especially AddOns, will gain major new features and efficiency improvements, just like the NT Development team will!
                            • With modern underlying technology, the platform is more likely to attract more users, especially users who develop NinjaScripts that are made available to users -- the NinjaTrader Ecosystem will benefit (lots of very useful free things there, go look!), and NinjaTrader third-party Vendors will benefit ...and that translates into everyone benefitting, including NinjaTrader LLC as a business!
                            • ALL that means that NinjaTrader as a business is more likely to continue to thrive and offer more and better platforms, tools and services for the benefit of its 0.5M trader community ... making NinjaTrader even more compelling as the goto choice for traders from novice to professional
                          • If the business falters for any reason, it reduces the probability of its continuing success and its revenue, which can lead to reductions in offerings and services -- there may be a ramping up of staff at the moment (it has been said in various places) and that is great to hear; but if the revenue in the primary platform fades, that affects longevity of the staff
                          • Although less tangible, certainly from outside the company, the constant criticisms in some areas that often "blows back" on Support staff (particularly) and probably Development, must be demoralising for them and that can translate into staff movements (including exiting the company) and can potentially reduce productivity -- this is the last thing anyone in the NinjaTrader community wants! Losing highly knowledgeable and skilled staff means losing capability, at least for a period. And it's regrettable to lose people for entirely avoidable reasons.
                          Finally, as I move forward with my own use of NinjaTrader as a third-party Vendor, it concerns me that as I recommend the platform and my own AddOn software to professional traders who want to use NinjaTrader to trade hedge funds, in my own development I also need to juggle things in the platform that could be significantly improved, one of which is this current matter discussed here.

So, the message is really simple: even if the process may take some effort and investment, NinjaTrader needs to keep pace with technology as it evolves, now and into the future, and that means keeping its underlying technology current, including (but not limited to) C# and .NET.

Thanks.
                          Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
                          jeronymite
                          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

You can also add my vote for C# update. Should be updated to current version. It's like having Ninja Trader still using Windows 2000 and no update to current version of Windows.

Comment

Thanks jeronymite for your summary.

It would be so great to finally upgrade to C#11.... the possibilities.....
                              However, I think most people don't really understand the severity of such an upgrade.
                              I worked as a software tester a few years ago.
                              It would absolutely give me a headache to do a NT regression test after upgrading to C#11.
                              I can imagine countless references or codes would break.
                              You would have to test everything.​
                              It wuld take a huge amount of time, considering the size of NT.

Comment

Hello designer01,

Thank you for your input. Your vote has also been added to SFT-3124.

We appreciate your feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post junkone
                                by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post love2code2trade  
                                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post eDanny
                                by eDanny

Working...
                                X