Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

creating an alert with a configured action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

creating an alert with a configured action

Currently my team is developing an add on for ninjatrader 8. We are wondering how to create an add with a saved alert with a configured action that we can trigger off of any chart. Any assistance would be great. Thank you!

Hello cjcj2323, thanks for writing in.

If you wanted to do this from an addon, you would need to do a BarsRequest and monitor the real-time data for a signal. If you get the signal you can call the Alert method. There is a full example of data access through an addon in the framework example here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

Please let me know if I can provide any further information.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can we save the Alert to the Alerts window so the user can turn it on and off when they want? Basically making a custom alert? NinjaTrader_ChrisL

when the user imports our Addon we want a custom alert added to the Ninjatrader Alerts Window Menu. from there we want the user to configure or enable the alert when they want from that window.

We know we can create this experience with indicators by adding custom indicators to folders and the indicator menu. We want this same experience but for alerts.

Comment

Hello cjcj2323, thanks for your reply.

You will need a data series to evaluate for the alert (I'm assuming the alert will be based on some kind of price/indicator action). The most straight forward way of doing this would be to develop it as an indicator or a strategy. Otherwise, you will need to do a bars request in your addon and base the condition on the data that comes from the bars request. So the things to take from the addon example I posted would be the Instrument selector and the "Data Access" section. I do not have an example that adds a button to the Alerts log window, but this sample has a similar idea:

Please let me know if I can provide any further information.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes