Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Connection Provider Creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Connection Provider Creation

I know this is undocumented/-supported by NinjaTrader, but still it's possible. But i'm having a hard time to implement a custom connection in the connections menu.

So far I created a CustomConnectOptions class implementation and an AdapterBase implementation with IAdapter and IDisposable. So far so good.

The adapter is referenced as AdapterClassType within the options implementation.

I can see the new connection adapter within the NT8 connections configuration window. I can also add this to my connections and write some configuration data on this adapter. However, when I click OK, the new set of connections should normally be stored and appear in the connections menu. But this doesn't happen. When I open the configuration window again the connection is not on the list of selected connections anymore.

I figure there should be some function, callback or event that should be listened to store it permanently. But after searching for some time I'm lost at this point.

Is there anyone that could hint me in the right direction? Cheers!

Don't anything you want then ask for the customer service..........

You think you are a boss ??

hpolthof

Comment

Welcome to the forums hpolthof!

We do not provide any information on building custom Connection Adapters. Yes, they are undocumented/unsupported. Only those that are in our OpenConnect program would have access to materials to build Connection Adapters. If you want to discuss entering this program, please email info [at] ninjatraderecosystem [dot] com.

If there is another topic we can assist with, please don't hesitate to open a new thread.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by hpolthof View Post
        I know this is undocumented/-supported by NinjaTrader, but still it's possible. But i'm having a hard time to implement a custom connection in the connections menu.

So far I created a CustomConnectOptions class implementation and an AdapterBase implementation with IAdapter and IDisposable. So far so good.

The adapter is referenced as AdapterClassType within the options implementation.

I can see the new connection adapter within the NT8 connections configuration window. I can also add this to my connections and write some configuration data on this adapter. However, when I click OK, the new set of connections should normally be stored and appear in the connections menu. But this doesn't happen. When I open the configuration window again the connection is not on the list of selected connections anymore.

I figure there should be some function, callback or event that should be listened to store it permanently. But after searching for some time I'm lost at this point.

Is there anyone that could hint me in the right direction? Cheers!

Hi, have you finally succeeded to create you own connector ?
        Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Kaledus
        by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
        1 response