Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multibroker license connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multibroker license connection

hello,
    I trade shares with interactive brokers and have Level II data from them. Unfortunately, the historical data loads very slowly and has limitations in showing more windows simultaneously, which makes my work difficult. Also I can not configure Market Analizer due to limitations. Therefore, I would like to connect IB data as level II to one source and Market analyzer and historical data to the other. Will I be able to do it with a multibroker license? Thank you in advance for your quick response

Hello t3chn0, thanks for your post.

If you have another brokerage account that you can connect to, that will provide more historical data than Interactive Brokers you can connect to it solely to use the data with your single broker key. If you want to trade with multiple brokerage accounts, you would need to get a multi broker key.

Please note: There are data services such as Kinetick and IQFeed that can act as a supplementary data connection to your Interactive Brokers connection. NinjaTrader can connect to both an Interactive Brokers account and a Kinetick data source at the same time. These services can provide all the data you need while you use the Interactive Brokers connection to send orders to your account.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      If you have another brokerage account that you can connect to, that will provide more historical data than Interactive Brokers you can connect to it solely to use the data with your single broker key. If you want to trade with multiple brokerage accounts, you would need to get a multi broker key.

Please note: There are data services such as Kinetick and IQFeed that can act as a supplementary data connection to your Interactive Brokers connection. NinjaTrader can connect to both an Interactive Brokers account and a Kinetick data source at the same time. These services can provide all the data you need while you use the Interactive Brokers connection to send orders to your account.
      Please confirm, IB w/Kinetick can be done with a single broker license, right?

Comment

Hi bltdavid, yes that is correct. You can connect to multiple data feeds with a single broker license.

Best regards.

Comment

hello Chris,
          thank you for the quick reply. I already have a multi broker license. I would like to buy IQfeed level I to load historical data faster and be able to fully use the scanners. Tools -Market data- general I can set up preffered connection for historical data and Live data but I don't know where to configure IQfeed as a supplementary data connection to Interactive Brokers connection.
          I will be grateful for your help

Comment

Hello t3chn0, thanks for your reply.

In the Tools>Options>Market Data menu, you can specify the preferred data provider for real time data and for historical data. If you do sign up for IQFeed as a supplementary data source, you would simply set the preferred connection to IQ feed for all instruments that apply. There is no way to specify where level 1 and level 2 data come from.

Comment

hello Chris,
              If I set up connection > configured > IB and IQfeed, then in Tools > Options > Market Data menu > IQfeed for stocks this will allow NinjaTrader connect to both an Interactive Brokers level II and IQfeed level I data source at the same ? How will Ninjatrader recognize connection with IB if outside connection is not checked ?

Comment

If you specify IQFeed for the real-time data for stocks it will pull both level 1 and level 2 data from the preferred connection. Unfortunately, there is no way to split the level 1 and 2 data. Most people get a supplementary data provider for Interactive Brokers to get access to more historical data. So you can set your preferred historical connection to IQ feed and real-time to Interactive Brokers to supplement the historical data. This will allow for quick loading of Historical data. For the Market Analyzer, it depends on what columns you have. If you have indicator columns that load up a historical series you would want the IQFeed connection to load the historical data.

Comment

Hello Chris,
                  I would like to be 100% sure.
                  If I additionaly to IB level 2 data will buy IQFeed level 1data and set up Tools> Options> Market Data menu> real time and Historical data set as a preferred connection to IQ feed it will allow NinjaTrader connect to both an Interactive Brokers level II and IQfeed level 1 in the same time, right?

I have one more thing. When I add less known instruments to the NinjaTrader, they don't show the market depth because instruments are set to default and I have to manually change them on the Nasdaq and waste valuable time. Is it possible to set all US stocks instruments to nasdaq instead of default?
                  Thank you

Comment

No, you can not specify level 1 data for one connection and level 2 data for another in real-time. If you set IQ feed as the primary real time connection it will try to pull level 1 and 2 data from IQFeed.

If you specify IQFeed for the real-time data for stocks it will pull both level 1 and level 2 data from the IQFeed connection. Unfortunately, there is no way to split the level 1 and 2 data.
                    You would want to get the real-time data from IB and the historical data from IQFeed.

When you add an instrument that is not in the database by default, NinjaTrader is setting up the instrument for you and setting default values. There is not a setting to select a different exchange as the default. Sorry for any inconvenience this results in.

Best regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin  
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses