Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Infragistics WPF DLL version used in Addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infragistics WPF DLL version used in Addon

Hi. Been working since last year on a new reporting Addon, I am using some of Infragistics' XamDataGrid functionality, which NTGrid is based on.

I'd like to be able to use some more recent features, like Excel-style filtering, but it seems this was only introduced in (I think) the next release of Infragistics WPF DLL. (maybe v15.2 ??)
    The crux of the matter is: Is it possible to use more recent versions of InfragisticsWPF4? ie something later than v15.1 that presumably is bundled with NT?

BTW... I am hoping to make my add-on available to buy on the NT Ecosystem.. so, if there are license issues, yes that matters ;-)

A second question on a similar issue, but lower priority... in my VS code, I'd like to use more recent versions of C#, not the C# 5 that it defaults to. Is this possible without breaking NT?

Regards,
    T.
    Last edited by tgn55; 03-01-2021, 10:54 PM.

Hello tgn55,

It is not really possible to use other versions than what the platform is using. You could theoretically have your own license for newer versions but you would need to distribute newer dlls as well. Because that is not something which I can test I really can't say if that could cause any type of conflicts. If there is a way you can demo the newer Infragistics dll's on your system you could try using them as a referenced dll from the bin/custom folder to check that.

For the vs code question, I am not really certain what you are asking here. Are you asking to change the C# in vscode? C# 5 also sounds off, are you referring to .NET 5?

.NET 5 is the most recent version of the .net platform and vscode may use that currently, I am not personally sure on that as I don't use vscode. NinjaTrader targets visual studio and not vscode so we don't have any resources for vscode + NinjaScript currently.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      For the vs code question, I am not really certain what you are asking here. Are you asking to change the C# in vscode? C# 5 also sounds off, are you referring to .NET 5?
      Check with your colleagues on C# 5.
      It is a real thing.

Meanwhile, read this.

Comment

Hello bltdavid,

While I can't comment on what was provided in that post the MSDN version history list C# 5 as an old version. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...ersion-history

NT8 currently uses .net framework 4.8. The C# version bundled with that frameworks version I believe would be C# 7.3 and 8.0 however 8.0 is supported only in .net core and standard according to msdn. NinjaTrader uses a lesser version of C# in combination with .net 4.8 which may target C#5.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...s-new/csharp-7
        https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...s-new/csharp-8

There is a table on stackoverflow that lists the known versions as well https://stackoverflow.com/a/38506668

To further answer OP's question I would still need details as it sounds like the question does not relate to NinjaTrader but was for VSCODE. Please allow the op to respond.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 03-02-2021, 09:53 AM.

Comment

NinjaTrader uses a lesser version of C# in combination with .net 4.8 which may target C#5.
          It may be the link I gave you has a feature request to upgrade the C# version used by NinjaTrader to a greater version.

It may be that OP was referring to problems he encountered because NinjaTrader uses a lesser version of C#.

It may be that C# 5 is an older version, yet NinjaTrader clings to C# 5 and fails to prioritize an upgrade to a greater version.

My understanding is that NinjaTrader uses .NET 4.8 and targets C# 5 and only C# 5.

Does your use of "may" above constitute a change in policy?

I presume an upgrade to a greater version of C# may require a change to the C# compiler
          used by the NinjaScript editor -- but then again, I may be wrong.

Comment

Hello bltdavid,

We are sidetracking from the ops question here, feel free to open another thread if you have questions about NinjaTrader and its C# version.

Comment

We are sidetracking from the ops question here, feel free to open another thread if you have questions about NinjaTrader and its C# version.
              Wasn't the OP's second question about NinjaTrader and it's C# version?
              He clearly asks about using a C# version greater than the C# 5 that is forced upon him.

Clearly, I am on-topic, and providing useful additional information to this thread.

Comment

Sorry... I have not been checking the forum for ages.

Let me clarify... I was NOT referring to the Visual Studio Code product... but to code written in normal VS (or indeed even within the NT code editor) which as I recall was still using C# 5... and hence, some of the more recent language features are unavailable to us developers. And C# 5 is now pretty ancient...so, wondering/hoping it will be bumped to a more current version sometime soon...

Would also be great if NT shipped more recent Infragistics DLLs... but that's another topic I guess...

Cheers,
                T.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                0 responses