Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DrawingTools cannot be used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawingTools cannot be used

Hello,
    Text on a chart, when I try to edit, gives the Error :
    "Unhandled exception: the value "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" is not of type "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.DrawingTools.PriceLev el" and cannot be used in this collection."
    What's the problem ?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Hello BGWTEX,

Is that happening based on some specific steps? The error alone does not provide enough detail for me to say what may be happening here. If you have more details or if this is happening based on some code use we would likely need a sample or clarification.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Jesse,

Well gee, it's not my error message that does not provide enough detail.

OK, nothing special, however, I was doing this on a chart that had been open since yesterday. After restarting NT, the text edits OK.

Thanks

Comment

Hello BGWTEX,

Thank you for the reply.

Were you using drawing tools that have price levels in some way from that chart? The error only states that there was an error with PriceLevel, that could include a few different object types. If you were programming a custom script that uses a drawing object its likely related to that in some way. Potentially an invalid value was passed to the object.

You also said the text edits ok, what are you referring to here is that the Text drawing tool? Were you seeing this error when drawing text?

Comment

Uh yeah, sorry I wasn't more clear, "nothing special", meaning, I drew a text on a chart using the text tool from the toolbar on the chart. I then right clicked on the text, properties and made a change, to the font size, to the text, etc. "Apply" and "OK" on the properties window would make the error. Only closing the error message would function, the Properties Window closed on the error closing and text would remain unchanged.

Comment

Hello BGWTEX,

Thanks for the follow up.

Are there any custom scripts applied to that chart which may be reading the text object or using it? The text does not use price levels so I am not certain why that would be presented for that object. It is possible that if you had other objects applied which do use the price levels that one of them was having some problem in the general applied drawing tools menu. I am not aware of any specific reason that would bring this up though.

Comment

Yes, there is text on the chart from some indicators I've written. Whether it is having some problem in the general applied drawing tools menu is beyond me. I'm going to post on another thread about lagging, I'm hoping to fix all sorts of problems I'm not aware of having, which this may be one.

Comment

Hello BGWTEX,

Thanks for the additional detail.

If this is more of a general performance item it would likely be good to add this into that other post. As we are in the NinjaScript development forums I would mainly be able to assist with problems you are having related to coding something custom.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rocketman7  
                Started by traderqz, Today, 09:44 AM
                1 response
                0 likes