Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

What's the minimum license I need to have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the minimum license I need to have?

Hi Folks,

On NT8 platform, I am doing some indicator development. For the back test of strategies, automated paper live trading, and automated live trading, what are the minimum license requirement for each of these three type?

Many thanks.

Best Regards
    David

Hello David, thanks for your post.

You may develop scripts, run custom strategies on the Sim101 account on live data, and backtest strategies on the Sim101 account with the Simulation license key (comes with the platform when first installed). If you want to run your strategies on a live account you will need either a lease or lifetime license key. Please see our pricing details here on this page:

Get started with our free plan to trade with discounted commissions or choose a plan upgrade to further reduce commissions on your trades.

Please let me know if I can assist any further, we appreciate your interest in getting a license key for live trading.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hello David, thanks for your post.

You may develop scripts, run custom strategies on the Sim101 account on live data, and backtest strategies on the Sim101 account with the Simulation license key (comes with the platform when first installed). If you want to run your strategies on a live account you will need either a lease or lifetime license key. Please see our pricing details here on this page:

Get started with our free plan to trade with discounted commissions or choose a plan upgrade to further reduce commissions on your trades.

Please let me know if I can assist any further, we appreciate your interest in getting a license key for live trading.
      Thank you for your support. I noticed that OCO order is not in the Free version.
      In the back test and paper live trading, normally how people determine if their entry is profitable or not without OCO order?

David

Comment

Hello David, thanks for your reply.

A NinjaScript Strategy will need to implement OCO logic on its own for backtesting. Use the SetStopLoss or SetParabolicStop and SetProfitTarget methods in a strategy to set up protective OCO orders for entries:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...etstoploss.htm
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...abolicstop.htm
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ofittarget.htm\

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Comment

Originally posted by sinpeople View Post

Thank you for your support. I noticed that OCO order is not in the Free version.
          In the back test and paper live trading, normally how people determine if their entry is profitable or not without OCO order?

David
          Hi! Does OCO order only available if I choose "Lease" or "Own" purchse option for NT8 trading platform ?

Comment

Hi bangka, thanks for posting.

A lease or lifetime license will be required to use OCO functionality, see here for pricing details:

The lifetime license also comes with the OrderFlow suite of indicators.

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
            19 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Radano
            by Radano