Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Managed Market Order inconsistently using added data series as the entry instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed Market Order inconsistently using added data series as the entry instrument

Hello,

I am trying to test a simple market order strategy in an MES chart using the ES as an added data series. When enabling the strategy in an MES chart using EnterLong, the order is inconsistently placed with ES as the order instrument. I can have two similar MES charts side by side to test the order entry and sometimes one places an ES market order and the other places an MES market order, and sometimes the market orders on both charts are both MES.

Any ideas on what might cause this? I am just testing an entry method at a specific time, and I have written fairly complex working strategies, but I have not seen this before. Is there an additional parameter for market orders that allows for which instrument to be chosen as the entry or order instrument?

Thank you for any thoughts

Hello 9817_dynamic,

Thanks for your post.

If you add an additional data series, OnBarUpdate will process for each data series added by the script, including the data series you apply the script against.

Multi Time Frame and Instruments (Important Read!) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

After reviewing you may see that if you do not use a BarsInProgress overload and specify the data series you want to submit the order to, the order will always go to the data series that is currently processing when the order was submitted.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ahhhh,

I forgot to add the BarsInProgress for this test script. The script did not place the market order for the instrument of the chart I had enabled the strategy in, which was MES. It only placed an ES market order.

I will review the link in your reply.

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses