Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Globals.FormatCurrency vs ISO 4217

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Globals.FormatCurrency vs ISO 4217

Globals.FormatCurrency is very useful. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it has two currencies for which the output appears to be at variance from the relevant International Standard, ISO 4217.

Japanese Yen and Korean Won (South Korea) are both output with two decimal places. They should have zero decimal places.

Grateful for this to be fixed.

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello jeronymite,

I will submit your feature request to the development team to consider.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Chelsea. Note that this is not a feature request as such but a correction to wrong behaviour.

Thanks.
      jeronymite

Comment

Hmmmm. I posted two (somewhat similar but nevertheless distinctly different) posts and I thought I had posted the second one twice (once here, inadvertently, and once separately). I therefore deleted the "copy" here, but that appears to have been a redirection of the separate post and now the separate (valid) post is also deleted. Was there some redirection done on the second post? The title was "Globals.GetCurrencyCode".

The post was essentially this: Globals.GetCurrencySymbol is useful. Please add Globals.GetCurrencyCode, which would return the ISO 4217 Currency Code of a Currency.

This is different from the post above which related to correction of behaviour. I can see how they might be considered as related, but nevertheless they are separate. Perhaps that is why the response above is to add a feature request, which didn't align with my original post here, hence my comments above. Grateful for insight into what happened.

Thanks.
        jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

These posts have been merged as they are on the same topic, inquiring about the same property, and are two requests for the same item.

Comment

Thanks, Chelsea.

To be absolutely clear, although closely related, there are two distinct and different requests here:
            1. Bug report: Fix Globals.FormatCurrency to align it with ISO 4217 when producing the output for JPY and KRW, where zero decimal places are mandated.
            2. New feature request: Create Globals.GetCurrencyCode to return the ISO 4217 currency code of a given Currency, similar in nature to Globals.GetCurrencySymbol.
            Thanks.
            jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

I've received tracking ID# SFT-5214 for the first request for 'yen and won to show no decimal places with Globals.FormatCurrency' and SFT-5215 for the second request 'Globals.GetCurrencyCode to return the ISO 4217 currency code of a given Currency'.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-24-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Chelsea. Much appreciated.
                jeronymite

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                2 responses