Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

generate a Moving average on momentum indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

generate a Moving average on momentum indicator

I am wanting to add a SMA or Ema to the momentum indicator, this is a Jake Bernstein strategy. I can't work out how to do this. I see this question was raised in a N7 forum a long time ago. Is there an N8 version of this?

Hello Paul,
    The link you quoted is about SmoothROC, but if you wish to add SMA or EMA of Momentum you can directly add it from Chart -> Right Click -> Indicators. First add Momentum to your chart normally, then add another indicator which will be EMA or SMA but in the Input Series, select Momentum from Indicators & change the Panel to 2 (Momentum should be here) & say OK. Hope it helps!

Comment

Hello Paul Penton,

Thanks for your post.

I did not find a NinjaTrader8 version of the SmoothedROC. The NinjaTrader7 SmoothROC is simply a combination of the Momentum indicator using an EMA as the input series.

I've attached a screenshot that on the left shows the NinjaTrader7 chart with the SmoothROC indicator applied. On the right side is the NinjaTrader8 chart where you can see the 21 period Momentum indicator has been applied using a 13 period EMA as its input. You can see that the resulting indicator matches what is shown in the NinjaTrader7 panel. So, in this case, the momentum indicator is selected, its period is set to 21 and the "Input series"(red rectangle) has been changed to select Indicators>EMA and its period set to 13. To prod

Click image for larger version

Name:	PaulPenton-1.PNG
Views:	518
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1145435
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for this, I have the panels working nicely. Is there any way that I can implement this through the strategy builder. i.e can I set it up so that a buy signal is generated when the moving average of the momentum crosses above and sell when it crosses below, or is this some heavy duty coding that can only be done manually?

Comment

I think I ahve worked it out.... CrossAbove(SMA(Momentum(Close,31),34),Momentum{Clo se,34),1) = Enter short. seems o be working as expected. thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred