Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bordered Extended Line Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bordered Extended Line Tool

Hello,

I need a draw extended lines (but bordered left and right side on time axis) on a chart for both manually and via code. Please look at my attachment for clerification. Lines on attacment have start time and Y, end time and Y like an extended line. But also have border Y values for both side (left and right). Also between start and end there is solid line and on the sides dash lines.

Please take into account i'm aware that i can draw that lines (even picasso paintings) via code when i override OnRender method. But this solution is pain in the ass. I'm talking about use Draw class for draw that lines on a chart easily like Draw.Line(...).

If i'm not wrong currently ninja don't have such a method. If there is please inform me about that. If not please consider it as a recommendation.

Regards,
    Aytac
    Attached Files

Hi Chelsea,

I think i could not tell the problem clearly. Sorry about that. I take some notes on this post's attachment. Please check it.

​​​​​​​Regards
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Aytac,

Extending lines to a specific number of bars is not a feature of the built in drawing tools. A custom drawing tool would have to be created with this functionality.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Well it can be a new tool recomendation? I'm using Ninja Trader long time since release 6. Last 10-20 years i never see any new tool in the platform. I think biggest reason is extensibility. Even though ninja developer team can develop usefull tools for platform. Aren't they? After all, finanse/advertise to consultants is not responsbility of NinjaTrader. For example, your new opponents provides tools for easily labeling elliott wave counts. I think you have to watch closely that sectoral developments/innovations. When i see sonsultant recomendation from NinjaTrader support team i am very sorry. Because i already know that solurion. Here i'm because don't want that solution.

Comment

Hello Aytac,

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the development to consider this.

Once I have a tracking ID for this request I will post in this thread.

Unfortunately, for items that can be custom programmed that are not included with NinjaTrader by default, our team will continue to provide an offer for links to consultants as per our policy.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 04-19-2021, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you so much.

Comment

Hello aytacasan,

This request for 'Drawing tools to have the option to extend a specified number of bars' is being tracked with ID# SFT-5237.

Please note, we receive many requests and cannot reasonably implement all requested features or changes. Interest is tracked internally and if enough interest is tracked, it would be weighed against how feasible it would be to make those changes to consider implementing, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment.

When new features are implemented, they will be listed in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide. The ID number may be different than the internal feature request tracking ID, but the description of the feature will let you know if that feature has been implemented.

Release Notes - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Thanks again for your interest Chelsea.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM