Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Addon window controls not reflecting app theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Addon window controls not reflecting app theme

I've been working for months on an addon, which is almost done... and added a lot of code to tweak my controls' colors depending on the theme. But, have hit a brick wall with some elements of combobox embedded in an NTGrid,(well... XamDataGrid, to be more precise) specifically, modifying the PART_EditableTextBox component of the filter. Sigh...

I wonder if there is a better way... as it seems a general problem... even simple controls like textboxs I have to manually modify foreground/background colors.

So... the real question is: Is there a mechanism to make all controls on addon windows inherit the chosen skin color theme? (I probably should have asked this months ago)
    FYI, my addon is based on the sample/demo addon.

Cheers,
    T.
    Last edited by tgn55; 04-16-2021, 08:39 PM.

Hello tgn55,

You can get some colors from the skin.

The custom DropMenu class in the SampleWPFModifications gets colors from the skin.
    Hello All, Moving forward this will be maintained in the help guide reference samples and no longer maintained on the forum. Creating Chart WPF (UI) Modifications from an Indicator - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ui)-modifi.htm (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/creating-chart-wpf-(ui)-modifi.htm) I've

That I know of, no, there is no mechanism to make all non-NinjaTrader controls inherit the chosen skin color. These are explicitly applied to objects either directly or through styles.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chelsea... I haven't looked at your links yet... but after more testing, I notice one seemingly simple bug/oversight...using the AddonShell as a test vehicle, I can see that many controls do change with the skin..but, surprisingly... Label controls DO NOT!! The Example Label thing shows with black foreground regardless of skin...(I removed the explicit Foreground="#CCCCCC" bit... just let it use default value, same as the other controls)

This is an easy fix... whereas my real need is to tweak internal parts of Infragistics XamDataGrid... which I know you guys can't support... but, maybe getting Labels to track skin changes warrants a minor bug fix regardless?

I know about pulling colors from the skin at runtime (I do this in my addon), so can customise my controls mostly... with 1 or 2 exceptions related to the XamDataGrid filter dropdown.

Will come back after reviewing your links,
      Thanks,
      T.
      Last edited by tgn55; 04-18-2021, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rocketman7