Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATI/DLL Orders method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATI/DLL Orders method

The NinjaTrader.Client.Client Orders() method returns a | delimited list of orders like 1232141|1234131|3482838|38483828 etc. How can I find out for which instrument an order is after splitting them?

I've tried sending in orders with PLACE command with custom orderIDs like MSFT_myorder123 and Orders() method does return this ID but only for the current day/session. I have orders pending for multiple days and if I use Orders() method the next day it only returns internal all number orderIDs like 123141231. So I lose the instrument information. Is this a bug? Could someone help me troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Hello CarpetHooligan,

I don't believe there is a way to know that from that command, it only lists order numbers.
    Gets a string of order ID's of all orders of an account separated by '|'.
    To use all of the information available you would need to write what you are making in NinjaScript instead of using the unsupported api. You could use an addon for that purpose and write data to a file or any other C# means of exporting the data for the use case you are using the api for. In NinjaScript you can see what instrument an order is from and other details about the order.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    170 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post sidlercom80  
    Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes