Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Prevent Custom Tools Hidden From Drop Down List From Showing in Hot Key List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prevent Custom Tools Hidden From Drop Down List From Showing in Hot Key List?

Hello

I am using DisplayOnChartsMenus = false to prevent tools from showing in the Tools Drop Down List.
    However they are still junking up the Hot Key list... is there another property for:

DisplayOnHotKeyMenus = false

Thanks

Hello SmartArtsStudio,

Thanks for the post.

I am not aware of any property that could control that.

To be clear, you are referring to the list in the options menu for configuring hotkeys: (tools -> hotkeys -> chart -> drawing) ?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse

Yes (tools -> hotkeys -> chart -> drawing) I had assumed DisplayOnChartsMenus would look after this, but it is probably wise that it does not, so you can have HotKey tools that don't junk up the tool drop down.

Having made a DrawingTool that transitions through a whole range of DrawingTools including a few custom ones...I don't need the custom ones in the drop down list or the HotKey list because they are used via the Primary DrawingTool. They serve essentially as state property configuration but also now inadvertently junk up the HotKey list.

I will try playing around with moving those files outside of the DrawingTools directory or namespace which I think recall plays a role in how NT8 picks up tools, maybe I can hide the files from the process.

Can you say if it is the DrawingTools Directory or the Namespace which are required to pick up the tools?
      Last edited by SmartArtsStudio; 05-25-2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Hello SmartArtsStudio,

Thank you for the additional details.

Can you say if it is the DrawingTools Directory or the Namespace which are required to pick up the tools?
        I am not sure if the type is being used or if the namespace/folder plays any role in that unfortunately. You would need to try some tests there. If the file in question is a utility class or general C# code that can go in the addons folder. You can also experiment with moving the file to the addons folder to see how it appears in the platform after doing that. If it stops working you can always move it back to its original location.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the pointers Jesse, much appreciated.

I read something in the docs at some point that said drawingtools had to be in DrawingTools directory?/namespace? to work. Which is what gave me the idea.

If I figure this out I will post solution. Not high priority right now, but it bugs me enough I will eventually get to it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred