Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Keeps Unchecking enabled box after 5 seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Keeps Unchecking enabled box after 5 seconds

My friend made a strategy that hes been using for almost two years now and he gave it to me . I am just getting into Ninja Trader and bought the lifetime license , so I'm running the paid version , but connected to "Ninja trader continuum demo" .

So the strategy works perfectly for him with no issues , but when I try to run it connected to "Ninja trader continuum demo" I check the "enable" box and hit apply .....it will then uncheck the enable box on its own within 5 seconds . Having the Control Center up , I can see the enable boxes uncheck themselves .........

Any ideas ??? Thanks ,
    Last edited by Mr.Hamster; 06-02-2021, 05:44 AM.

Any error messages in the 'Log' tab?

Where did your friend get his strategy from?
    Is it something he bought from a commercial vendor?
    (If yes, contact the vendor and purchase your own license to the strategy)

Otherwise,
    Is this strategy something your friend wrote?
    Have you contacted your friend for help making it work?

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
      Any error messages in the 'Log' tab?

Where did your friend get his strategy from?
      Is it something he bought from a commercial vendor?
      (If yes, contact the vendor and purchase your own license to the strategy)

Otherwise,
      Is this strategy something your friend wrote?
      Have you contacted your friend for help making it work?
      It has a timer , when to open trades , I kept changing the time to see if that was the issue , heres some error messages

Comment

So with the correct time I want to run the strategy to open trades , being in pacific zone , NQ daily open is 06:30 ....I get error "the device is not ready"

Comment

Hmmm,
          It is not clear which 'device' is not ready.

Have you exited NinjaTrader and restarted?
          Have you disconnected and reconnected?
          Any connection issues?

Comment

Bummer.
            That doesn't seem like a very common error message.

Unless you want to post your strategy code here,
            your friend should know more.

Is your friend the author of the strategy?

Comment

Do you get the same error if you run the SampleMACrossOver strategy?

Comment

Hello Mr.Hamster,

From the given errors that would be why the strategy won't stay enabled. If a strategy has any errors it will disable.

As it has been mentioned you can do some basic troubleshooting like restarting or running the SampleMACrossOver to verify the platform is working in general. If this is happening only with the custom strategy it would be best to reach out to your friend at this point. If they are the developer of the script they can review the strategies OnStateChange code to see what may be happening.

The error about device not ready could potentially be related to file operations in case you are required to enter a file path as one of the strategies parameters. If you have to enter any file paths as parameters please double check those are correct/check with your friend you entered the correct values.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
                JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
                  Do you get the same error if you run the SampleMACrossOver strategy?
                  I did what you suggested and so far its been running for 10 minutes ....so SampleMACrossOver strategy is working good . No errors ,

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                    Hello Mr.Hamster,

From the given errors that would be why the strategy won't stay enabled. If a strategy has any errors it will disable.

As it has been mentioned you can do some basic troubleshooting like restarting or running the SampleMACrossOver to verify the platform is working in general. If this is happening only with the custom strategy it would be best to reach out to your friend at this point. If they are the developer of the script they can review the strategies OnStateChange code to see what may be happening.

The error about device not ready could potentially be related to file operations in case you are required to enter a file path as one of the strategies parameters. If you have to enter any file paths as parameters please double check those are correct/check with your friend you entered the correct values.

My friend thinks once I get Dorman connected it might fix the issue . Hes never had this problem and he has 2 other people using the strategy right now and they've had no issues as well . Maybe I'll try installing everything on another computer and see what happens ,

Comment

SampleMACrossOver strategy is stilling running , Almost 20 minutes now , no issues

Comment

Hello Mr.Hamster,

My friend thinks once I get Dorman connected it might fix the issue .
                        You could certainly wait any try that. You would otherwise want to reach out to your friend here if they are the developer of the strategy. They can look into the section of code which the error is reporting is having a problem to get a better idea of what may be generating that error. They could also remote into your machine to ensure you have configured it correctly for use, really they are going to be the best point of contact for the custom strategy.

SampleMACrossOver strategy is stilling running , Almost 20 minutes now , no issues
                        Yes it sounds like the problem relates to the custom strategy. The sample strategy is just a very basic strategy that is known to work so it can be used to gauge if the platform is having a problem or if the problem relates to something custom. Because this works and the custom strategy does not it looks like the problem relates to the custom script in some way.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes