Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Output Window Status Messages are Sometimes Delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output Window Status Messages are Sometimes Delayed

I'm running NinjaTrader version 8.0.24.2 64-bit connected to Kinetick (via IQFeed), and this inquiry is related to a custom AddOn that I've developed. My AddOn contains a long-running procedure, so I've coded this procedure to report its progress by writing status messages to the Output window using NinjaTrader.Code.Output.Process(). Sometimes the status messages are visible in the Output window while the procedure is running, and other times they aren't visible until the procedure has ended. What causes the status messages to become delayed is a mystery to me, as is what causes them to resume appearing in real-time. About this...

Q1. Might you provide an explanation for what causes the status messages to become delayed?
    Q2. Might you provide guidance re., when they've become delayed, what I can do to coax them to resume appearing in real-time?
    Q3. Might the NinjaTrader developers investigate and correct this problem sometime in the future?

Thank you very much in advance for any guidance you might provide.

NtFan

Hi NtFan, thanks for posting.

I don't know what would cause a delay in printing the output log. Do you have a reduced example that can recreate the problem?

Best regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately what causes the status messages to become delayed is a mystery to me. As such, I'm unable to provide instructions or examples of the problem. Presumably this is the first time you/NT have heard of it, so if and when I'm able to nail down the details I'll post again. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred