Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Creating Custom Data Plugin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Custom Data Plugin.

I want to code a data plugin.

I tried pushing data into NinjaTrader using DLL INTERFACE through my Broker Api & was successful in it

However this method is only good for real-time data
    How can i Load Historical Data using dll interface or Coding a Data Plugin?

Is There any documentation related to it?

Hi DeeKay, thanks for posting.

There are no supported methods for historical data requests through the DLL interface. You would need to have a custom historical data loader in the application involved in NinjaTrader DLL interface access.

Best regards,
    -ChrisL
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hi DeeKay, thanks for posting.

There are no supported methods for historical data requests through the DLL interface. You would need to have a custom historical data loader in the application involved in NinjaTrader DLL interface access.

Best regards,
      -ChrisL
      I understood. Is there any Example files or Documentation related to that?

Comment

Hi DeeKay, thanks for your reply.

Since the historical data loading would happen on your custom application we have no direct examples of how to do it. You would need to research how to load historical data from a file or Http request into a data structure of your own choosing. In a NinjaScript addon, you can make historical data requests with a BarsRequest. We have a full downloadable example of an Addon window here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

Best regards,
        -ChrisL

Comment

Well, i am saving the historical data in form of Arrays in text file. another probelem with using external api data connection is that it doesn't allow any other connection while connected.

btw. what declarations do i need to use to show up my custom data plugin show up in data plugins connection window?

Comment

Creating your own custom connection adapter is reserved for qualified vendors in a business relationship with NinjaTrader. See the https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/ for info on becoming a vendor member of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

Kind regards,
            -ChrisL

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post

Creating your own custom connection adapter is reserved for qualified vendors in a business relationship with NinjaTrader. See the https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/ for info on becoming a vendor member of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

Kind regards,
              -ChrisL

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
              oh!!! Dont know Why its limited to selected persons?. BTW!! I have intermediate Coding skills. may be one day I Will be your Partner vendor.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post XXtrader  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Waxavi